DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: More rumors and stuff...

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)

More rumors and stuff...

so now Fortune is "confirming" it...

Get ready for Verizon's 'Dream Phone' - Fortune Tech
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO

3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Yeah yeah yeah : )
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    haha i was waiting for your comment...who knows, i mean some pretty reputable outlets are confirming it, WSJ, NYTimes and now Fortune.

the risk of losing credibility if they're wrong is pretty high...i would hate to be in their boardrooms if they're all wrong haha
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    They will all just blame it on their "reputable sources"

If you notice all these articles claim someone else told them so it's easy to place the blame and not lose credibility : )

This article does it as well. Copy and pasted:

tech site Appolicious asked after the companies announced their iPad pact. (The answer: yes. Fortune has confirmed that a Verizon iPhone will be released in early 2011.)
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You knew I would comment, right? This article is no different than the WSJ article. Basically stating that some other sources told them. Not to mention they read very deeply into the iPad on Verizon as "The iPhone is coming SOON!" which is a mistake seeing that Verizon, AT&T, Target and Best Buy now sell the iPad. Another interesting point in the article was that, like I said, the VZW iPhone when it comes will be feature identical to AT&T's except for a CDMA antenna. Either way it is coming but when these folks speculate.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    haha yep expected you too...i know, that's why i labeled the thread more rumors and stuff...i don't buy the whole "confirmed" thing, but i'm just saying it's hard to imagine companies like this using the word confirmed unless they really have some kind of info.

sure they can blame their "sources", but it still does make them look bad...we'll see!
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    another thing, i personally think the iphone is coming out next year, don't know when it'll be, but i dont think it's going to be 2012 before it comes out...all these "leaks" and "sources" and "confirmations" could just be apple's way of keeping android out of the headlines haha
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  9. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Yeah your right czerdill it makes for good "News" and gets them a lot of traffic.

They do it every year.

It will start again next year as the rumors of the contract ending start flooding in : )

Personally I'm one of the few who thinks it will ever come to VZW. VZW passed on it the first time I believe they will pass again. No matter how much potential income anyone says there is for the iPhone coming to the network I don't believe VZW as a Corporation will let Apple pull the strings.

Somebody will have to give in and it won't be Apple and it won't be VZW. Just my thoughts.

I still beleive this will true in 2012 as it was in 05

Verizon executives say they passed on an opportunity to be the exclusive network for the phone back in 2005 largely because they felt that Apple and CEO Steve Jobs wanted too much control over how and where the devices would be sold -- and too big a cut of the monthly service fees. Verizon didn't want to give up maintenance of its devices or its relationship with its customers
    Last edited by cereal killer; 10-29-2010 at 12:07 PM.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Were you expecting me?

I'm of the opinion that the iPhone on Verizon is an inevitability. AT&T cannot keep up and has show no interest in keeping up on the network front. Verizon is the ONLY telecom that can offer what iPhone users are demanding, and that lead is only going to get better with LTE.

The phone "just works" and that's good enough for 99% of users. Is Android better? Yes, in many, many ways, but "just works" appeals to most people.

When will this happen? Who knows. Verizon has thrown barbs at Apple for a year now with the Droid Does ads. Apple will have to suck that up and more to get their hardware on the network.

A CDMA iPhone has been in the works for sale overseas. Wouldn't take much to put a VZW badge on it and sell it stateside, now would it? However, why not make it LTE as well and usher in the new era of wireless data, and shake hands with everyone while dropping AT&T at the same time?

It's all speculation. The iPad was a nifty trick, but a trick is exactly what it is with the mobile hotspot contract. However, it does indicate a warming of the Apple/Verizon Wireless relationship.

All I can say is we will see. We will, indeed, see.
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    i agree with you furbearingmammal...i think its an inevitability. if apple wants to stay relevant they have to break away from AT&T, because AT&T truly is the bane of the iPhone's existence.

however, i take the "confirmed" reports with a grain of salt, but I do admit that this latest confirmation just makes me think it may just happen next year

media outlets pride themselves on reporting breaking news, and being the first to get the scoop. it's hard to imagine that so many would take such a risk (especially outlets like WSJ, NYtimes and Fortune), just to pawn it off on their sources if they're wrong...

@cereal, yeah verizon is going to have to give in if they want a VZW iPhone, because i really see no chance of apple relenting. but stranger things have happened...either way next year should be pretty awesome for both Apple and Android, and competition breeds innovation, so the consumer is going to win regardless haha
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO

Links