DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: NFL + Google

1. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1687 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member

NFL + Google

Google is rumored to be in talks with the nfl to purchase the rights to Nfl Sunday ticket, an app popular Directv. Up to this point the only ways to enjoy live NFL games is either via Vzw Nfl mobile live (rights once owned by sprint), Directv Sunday ticket, or going to a sport bar. I truly hope Google can bring this to an android device near you.

Google Reportedly in Talks With NFL to Purchase Sunday Ticket Rights ? Droid Life

3. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1687 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    If google gets the rights and bring live sports content to youtube or via app, especially if they do so utilizing a device like the chromecast, we could see the power shift leave from cable and satellite companies. With paid services like netflix and hulu the only thing keeping me tied to cable tv is sports. If I can now get my sports live online you can bet my cable box is going back.
  4. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1041 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    That'll be the smartest move the NFL has made in the past couple years should they sign with Google.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    XT1080
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    If google gets the rights and bring live sports content to youtube or via app, especially if they do so utilizing a device like the chromecast, we could see the power shift leave from cable and satellite companies. With paid services like netflix and hulu the only thing keeping me tied to cable tv is sports. If I can now get my sports live online you can bet my cable box is going back.
    have you tried an antenna converter for your tv?
    you can get most of your local channels free. (idk if that would pick up sports.)
    i just dropped cable because i never watch tv... just way to much Call of Duty...
    "A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1687 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMMYBOT View Post
    you can get most of your local channels free. (idk if that would pick up sports.)
    i just dropped cable because i never watch tv... just way to much Call of Duty...

Espn and nfl network are not local so I would be missing out. 95% of the time I watch tv sports are on. Other than that the tv haven't been on. Now that I have my chromecast I am turning my tv on a little more.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMMYBOT View Post
    The cable and satellite companies have such a strange hold on the popular sports your local channels resemble the first year of espn as far as sports now. Want to catch up on figure skating and the rodeo? Local channels are your place to go. If nbc starts showing Australian rules football with Chris Berman as commentator and having a full head of hair I'm going to swear I'm back in the 80s

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    @pternahan
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    That'd be just plain out awesome

Links