DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Is anyone else dropping Verizon when they're contract runs out?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    Im going to go month to month and see what happens.
    Same here. Most of the other carriers just don't cut it around here as far as data access goes. I was thinking of going with Virgin Mobile, but I tried an Optimus V when they were $49 during Black Friday, and what a HORRIBLE experience. Off of Wifi, took several attempts (and hours) to download a small app.

My idea to try a VM Evo 4G has been shot to hell as well, due to the fact that I found out Clearwire has no coverage around here - so i'd still be stuck on 3G.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiescivic View Post
    Anyway, like I said, I'm not going anywhere...and I really couldn't anyway, since I have unpaid ETF's with TMo and AT&T lol
    You might want to pay those unpaid ETFs. They WILL come after you, and it will probably be a collections agency at a time most inconvenient to you. And they will want immediate payment in full. You can drag it out by demanding they validate the debt, but eventually it will be "pay up" or end up in court. Not trying to tell you what to do, but it's nothing to "lol" about.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin

I don't understand why everyone thinks they should get to keep unlimited data forever just because they got it when they signed a 2 year contract. Verizon has to honor that 2 year contract but after that they can do whatever they want to do. Do I like the fact that I will be losing unlimited data in 2 years no I don't but I also knew it was coming, tho I figured ATT would be the first to do it. The cell phone companies never dreamed people would use the amount of data that some use on their phones and if they had they would have never offered unlimited data to start with. You can change companies but you have to look at more then what data package they offer you have to look at service area and what kind of signal you get in your area. For me Verizon is the best and has the lest amount of problems where I live so there is no way I will leave them for another company that gets crappy coverage in my town. Another point just because sprint and tmoble offer unlimited data now doesn't mean that will last forever they will do a way with it one day too and then will they let you grandfather it in and if they do for how long.
    I understand Verizon has the right to change they're contracts and do away with unlimited data. I have been a Verizon customer since 2005 and believe they are still the best by far when it comes to coverage and service. I believed this so much that me and my wife have both owned smart phones since they first came out and have been paying $250 a month for 3 lines ever since. I can't get high speed internet in my area and that is the main reason I originally went with the smart phone. I understood why Verizon was throttling customers because of congestion, even though I wasn't happy about it. However, the latest statement given by Verizon's CEO, shows just how much these new plans are all about making Verizon rich and nothing to do the customer. In his own words, these plans were designed to make the customer keep upgrading they're data plan as they start to realize that with 4g speeds, the bottom tier just is not going to be enough. To me, that's arrogance and just bad business all together. Verizon may have the best service around and they obviously know it, but if they eventually end our unlimited data, $2000 a year just isn't worth it anymore.
    Last edited by cthebadge38; 06-18-2012 at 08:35 PM.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Like I said, if it gets bad I'll get a smart phone with a media net plan. If it gets really bad I'll go back to a dumb phone and stick with texting and phone calls. "I will survive."
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionImprobable View Post
    Like I said, if it gets bad I'll get a smart phone with a media net plan. If it gets really bad I'll go back to a dumb phone and stick with texting and phone calls. "I will survive."
    At first I was afraid I was petrified.
    Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side.
    But then I spent so many nights
    Thinking how you did me wrong.
    And I grew strong!

Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    thunderbolt
    Hi everyone I work for big red and what ur doing if falling for their trap yes they are trying to do away with the people who have unlimited data and no Verizon dose not slow your speed. It may seem like it but its just that all the slots at the site are filled and they all get slower. I was with Alltel and was grandfathered in with the unlimited data. I have a MIFI hotspot and use about 60-70 gs a month. Nothing will change when ur contract is up unless you choose to use ur upgrade then it will go to the new data share plan so don't give up ur unlimited as newer phones with more features and better apps and with 4g everywhere in the end of 2013 you will use more data than what you are using now. Also if you don't root or don't know how and you have a 4g phone just get a 4g hotspot or air card and put ur sim card in and ur good to go. In the little book u get with ur phone it tells you that you can use your sim card in any certified Verizon4g device and it will be billed according to ur plan which is unlimited. Btw the MIFI is 3g I don't have 4g in my area yet. I maybe consider a hog but I pay for unlimited so I use what I pay for. So don't switch keep what is yours and that's unlimited just buy online for phones or wait till the price drops.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    thunderbolt
    Oh another thing if ur on unlimited and want to upgrade every two years and can afford a single extra line is this. Get someone that's in ur family or good friend that dose not have a account with Verizon and have then get the phone you want at upgrade price with the cheapest plan and just put ur sim card in it and just keep the other phone as back up and do that every two years and u keep unlimited data. Their is a loop hole always yes I work for them but don't think its right what they are doing you will be sorry that you didn't keep ur unlimited data in the future their are great things to come with 4g.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Lol. Sure...I bet we'll be able to keep unlimited forever :rolls eyes:

Just like we could "indefinitely maintain unlimited even when upgrading". No offense to you but VZ typically keeps their reps as uninformed as possible. Up until a week or so ago people were still claiming that reps were calling this "an internet rumor". So forgive me if I don't buy into the fact that unlimited isn't going anywhere. Within two years, VZ will have phased it out completely.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    thunderbolt
    Well I was the one that told everyone about the first grandfathered plan and no one believed me so on the 28th it starts then ill be here to say told you so and I'm better informed then the reps. Yes they don't want no more unlimited but they will try everything to get rid of it .
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudman7 View Post
    Well I was the one that told everyone about the first grandfathered plan and no one believed me so on the 28th it starts then ill be here to say told you so and I'm better informed then the reps. Yes they don't want no more unlimited but they will try everything to get rid of it .
    What? I know you can still be grandfathered after the 28th. That's not what you said though. You basically implied this is just ploy by Verizon to get unlimited data users off the network and that you could be grandfathered forever. I don't buy that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Links