DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Is anyone else dropping Verizon when they're contract runs out?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    To be quite honest, I have been on unlimited for three years now, going back to my Incredible, and have never used more than 2 gigs a month, I think once I went to 2.5 gigs, as I use my home wifi and when on the road, don't have time to watch TV, as I am busy taking care of business, most of my data is from streaming music, not from surfing the web or emails.
    If they cut off unlimited data, I can easily go to AT&T which offer 3 gigs at $30 or 5 gigs with tethering at $50, with unlimited calling at text to any network.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017

I don't really understand your point...I'm getting throttled on Verizon currently. So what difference does it make if I switch to T Mobile and get throttled after 5 GB (when I'm throttled after 2 on VZ)?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Interesting. From what I've heard from others, Verizon does not throttle their 4G. (even from people reporting usage of 10GB and more per month)
    Last edited by TatDroid; 06-17-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    Phones: OG Droid >>Droid Bionic>>Moto X
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I'm going to stick around as long as they don't cut off my unlimited. If they do I'll get a phone elsewhere and hop on AT&T's data net plan most likely.

MIUI tested, mother approved.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1686 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Call it a hunch (based on what att started doing to their customers). I am betting once vzw gets the new plan going in full swing they will start throttling people on unlimited data to basically force them off of it. If they announced or admit to something like that now it would cause a mass exodus. But I expect them to roll out the new plans then roll out the new phones to lull people to upgrade. Then the number of unlimited people would shrink so they can start throttling. When those customers start complaining they will use the excuse that people on unlimited data are hacker abusing the system. Had a co-worker on att with a jailbroken iphone and he refused to give up his unlimited data. Well he noticed his data speeds basically fall off. He call and email at only to get a letter basically using the above excuse. And if you think for one second that vzw would not stoop to that think again.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    They are already throttling unlimited data. They've been doing it to me for years. I use right at 4 gigs a month and after I hit 2 gigs my phone drags until the new billing cycle. Does it every month.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by TatDroid View Post
    Interesting. From what I've heard from others, Verizon does not throttle their 4G. (even from people reporting usage of 10GB and more per month)
    I don't have 4G in my area.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69
    I am still on unlimited data, and I am month to month, with option for an upgrade, I can stay as is as long as they still offer unlimited, I DO NOT HAVE TO UPGRADE, it's MY CHOICE, but if I do decide to upgrade it will have to be before June 28th so I can get a subsidized phone, and sign up for another two years with Verizon, so they can pay for my subsidized phone, if I decide to leave early they will bang me for the remaining cost of phone, as I would do the same if I was in their shoes. Now I can also upgrade after the 28th of June but will have to pay for the phone "full price" and continue with my current plan, as Verizon is only selling me their service and not a phone. Verizon is not forcing anyone off their current plan, but once you go the subsidized route you will automatically be thrown into a new plan, since you are now breaking your old plan buy having Verizon front you a new phone at discounted price, and have them hold the tab for two years till device is finally payed off, nothing is for free people, it's called doing business.
    I was under the impression that when your contract ran out, you HAD to sign a new contract to continue service. That was the impression the V-tech gave me. Good news. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they will end it for those of us who refuse to sign a new contract.
    Last edited by cthebadge38; 06-17-2012 at 04:56 PM.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by cthebadge38

I was under the impression that when your contract ran out, you HAD to sign a new contract to continue service. That was the impression the V-tech gave me. Good news. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they will end it for those of us who reuse to sign a new contract.
    Ok did you read my post, NO ONE IS FORCING YOU to sign a new contract, was my post not clear, if not there is another of my posts on this thread that will make it more clear for you.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69

Ok did you read my post, NO ONE IS FORCING YOU to sign a new contract, was my post not clear, if not there is another of my posts on this thread that will make it more clear for you.

Lol wow, easy brother. Must have read someone else's before yours. It's all good
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by cthebadge38

Lol wow, easy brother. Must have read someone else's before yours. It's all good
    Did not mean to offend you, it's just you must be the one of thousands that keep asking the same question, I just hope the mods will make my post a sticky one

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Links