DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: VZW Promo Plan Member's Transition to "Share Everything" Plan...

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

VZW Promo Plan Member's Transition to "Share Everything" Plan...

Were you able to get the "Promo", or "Loyalty" plan from VZW back in 2010 and are now wondering how you will fare if/when you transition to the new "Share Everything" plan? If so, this is the thread for you! Please share your experiences here, so we can all get the best deal going forward.

This is a post I made recently that started the idea of establishing a thread like this...

So, I called VZW last night and as reported, the CSR's have no/little idea what's going on. Really? VZW announces a new pricing structure and their front-line people can't speak to it?

To the credit of the CSR, she promised to call me back at the end of the week.

My position is simple: I am happy to pay what I pay now for the service I have now. To pay $100 more for what will be less service is out of the question. There's no chance that I will stay with VZW. If all carriers move to the same type of plan, me and my family will have to learn to live with simpler devices that cost less to use.

But, if all carriers try to move to this type of plan, I would hope that our Government would question what'll look like tacit collusion on the part of the carriers.
    __________________________________________________ _

So, subscribe to stay abreast of the latest info that affects VZW Promo/Loyalty plan members.
    Don't forget to share your experiences!
    Last edited by billyk; 06-13-2012 at 06:30 PM.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    With the new Share Everything Plan. I'm paying $50 more

So...if things don't change in 2 years, goodbye Verizon, hello whoever is offering the better deal in 2 years
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    With the new share everything plan, I'll be saving the next two years to buy an unsubsidized phone and pay nothing more for continued unlimited everything. Assuming that Verizon doesn't find a way to screw me out of my current set up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by kdivine981
    With the new share everything plan, I'll be saving the next two years to buy an unsubsidized phone and pay nothing more for continued unlimited everything. Assuming that Verizon doesn't find a way to screw me out of my current set up.

Well at least you will have some cash to purchase the latest and greatest from another carrier or whoever has the best deal
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by kdivine981 View Post

What I am saving per month because of the promo as compared to switching to the Share Everything plan (~$90 a month), that works out to be $2,160 over two years. That would account for the extra $400 or so I would need to pay for each of my 5 lines if I want to upgrade the phones on those lines without subsidy.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    To paraphrase what I wrote in the other thread:

I called Verizon's retention department (the same department that came out with the promotion) and confirmed with them that after the 28th, we can still keep the discount so long as we do not switch to the Share Everything plan. They have no idea what will happen after the 28th, whether Verizon will eventually take away the discount in the future, but for now we will continue to get it.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    To paraphrase what I wrote in the other thread:

I called Verizon's retention department (the same department that came out with the promotion) and confirmed with them that after the 28th, we can still keep the discount so long as we do not switch to the Share Everything plan. They have no idea what will happen after the 28th, whether Verizon will eventually take away the discount in the future, but for now we will continue to get it.
    I think the key is we can keep this promotion as long as we don't upgrade our phones with a new subsidized phone. If we do that, then we're automatically put on the new plans.

I have 5 lines on the promo right now so I'm going to lose my shirt.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    Thanks for starting the new thread. I was thinking about bumping the original one but then we'd get flooded with all of the "how can I get this promo?" posts... lol.

The new plan would put me about $20-25 more a month with taxes, fees, insurance, etc.

I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone's experiences are. We haven't preordered yet (husband isn't up for an upgrade until June 20th). Thank goodness his upgrade isn't a week later!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600 View Post
    I think the key is we can keep this promotion as long as we don't upgrade our phones with a new subsidized phone. If we do that, then we're automatically put on the new plans.

I have 5 lines on the promo right now so I'm going to lose my shirt.
    I'm very happy with my plan as is, but I'm not willing to buy a phone full retail to keep this deal. If VZW decides enough is enough and takes it away, the least they should do is give us 4GB at the same price point. No matter what, I'm not going to pay a whole lot more for a whole lot less.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Like a lot you, I had to negotiate my way into this Promo plan back in 2010. I figured it was worth my time as I'd be saving considerable money every month, and that's exactly what has played out.

One constant for me throughout my dealings with VZW over the past decade+, is that if I get to the right person (never easy to do), and make a fair request, it's always been honored by VZW.

So, even though we are still early in this game, I am optimistic that VZW will stand by the customers in this Plan by continuing to "grandfather" it (with restrictions) or work with us to keep the same level of value if we move to the new plan.

We'll see.

Keep us updated!
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Links