DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: VZW Promo Plan Member's Transition to "Share Everything" Plan...

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    Hmmm, should someone post this new info in a separate thread? Folks would have today and tomorrow to get on this.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Posting this elsewhere wouldn't hurt.

Doesn't dound like an official plan though. It's always a crap-shoot when you call into VZW - you never know what you're going to get.
    But, I wouldn't be surprised if VZW came up with Promos to address the backlash the new plans haver spurred.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    Yeah, you're right. Only a handful of people would get it and then everyone else would be ticked off. With our promo, it was nice because you knew who to call, what to ask for, etc...

I posted in the S3 forum, but I'll add my 2 cents in here... I'm guessing that for the first week or two VZW will be reinstating a lot of unlimited plans because of the outrage, or at least having to offer some kind of concession. WE know the new plans inside and out, but most VZW customers are clueless about this new plan.

I watched the local evening news the day the new plans were announced (I was expecting OUTRAGE! ) and they had a 20-second spot, filming the outside of a VZW store, and the voice-over basically said "Verizon announced a new plan today designed to SAVE PEOPLE MONEY by allowing them to share smartphone data!!!!! This plan will be available later this month!!!!!" There was no discussion of specifics, they just painted it with a broad brush saying EVERYONE will SAVE MONEY. The people who don't pay attention to this kind of stuff will be in trouble.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    One thing we'll need to watch out for is to make sure that some rep we are dealing with in the store or on the phone doesn't change our plans on the sly. Verizon is encouraging employees to get people onto the Share Everything plan by paying them the same commission for a plan change as they do for a contract renewal.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Ok so reading through most of these comments kinda made me a little upset. Please don't get upset at all the customer service reps with Verizon. I am a CSR with them and they are still rolling out training on the new Share Everything plans for us. Even though it's my day off, I'd be more than happy to answer as many questions as I can without having my resources readily available. I've been with the company for 3 years now and love what I do so I do want to restore your faith in the company, as I feel that the Share Everything plans are great. They may not be for everyone or help everyone save money but as far as what's grandfathered and what will change if you do something, I'd be more than happy to assist.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Cozmyk94 - great to have you on this thread. Thanks for hopping in!

Please don't be upset - even a little. I've got call center experience (brought one up from scratch and designed the central call center app) for a major US insurer. One of the biggest challenges is for customer-facing service providers, is presenting a conherent and consistent user experience across all media channels (phone, web, mail, etc.). VZW might be the best in the business at this for cell service, but in my experience of 10+ year of being a VZW customer, "what you get" when you call in varies wildly. As you can see in one of my earlier posts here, not only did two CSR's contradict one another on back-to-back calls, I could have been on the losing end of the deal if I listened to the first one, and didn't insist on talking to someone else.

I can't vouch for any comments made later in this thread about CSR compensation for "pushing" the new plans - I have not been exposed to that.

But these new plans do not accomodate existing customers, and that's unfortunate. Sure, those of us who have current promo plans can be "grandfathered" if we don't buy any subsidized phones (that hurt!), but at every turn there are "gotchas" when working with VZW that will result in losing your currently affordable plan. And this is not anything new. Last August I upgraded my daughters phone to an iPhone and although I was careful to talk about my current plan, and to secure agreement on how that plan must not change because of a simple upgrade - my current plan was dropped - for the whole family. Getting it back was not a trivial effort either. I never got a sense that this was malicious behavior - it's just the variables when working with a big machine like VZW.

The spirit of this thread has been to share experiences working with VZW to level the playing field, allowing us to figure out what the real deal is going forward regarding this Promo.
    Last edited by billyk; 06-26-2012 at 11:07 AM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    And I understand that there is... and I don't know how to say it in a nice way, but some reps that are there are just not as up to speed or resourceful. I've had to clean up numerous accounts before due to a previous error. And yes... there are things I don't agree with that the company does but its Verizon. Its a business and the largest wireless provider out there. They are not AS money hungry as people think and they do listen to our customers. People wanted the latest and greatest devices but never wanted to pay for the data packages. The number one thing I always get asked is when are we coming out with a shared data plan. Because about 90% of the people I talk to who have the unlimited plan, average about 800mb in a 6 month span. I understand we have our power users... I've seen them and I am one of them but the benefits of the new plans outweigh the cons. Now, do I agree with the loss of unlimited unless you buy full retail or 3rd party? Not at all. But the nice thing is you can stay on your price plan and move up/down between minutes.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    I will readily admit that with 5 smartphones in the family, shared data could have been useful. That said, the pricing on the new plan, compared to the "below market" pricing that I am paying now, is much higher and in no way encourages me to switch. I am grateful that I was able to get the pricing I did when I did, and I will gladly make use of it as long as I can.
    Beka27 likes this.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I just got some kind of promo last night added to my account it was $20 off per line, but he didn't really say if it was just for a month, or if it was recurring.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    Cozmyk94, I will apologize if any comments I made were offensive to you. That was not my intention at all. I also have a retail/sales/customer service background and I am always polite whenever I need to call up Verizon (or any company). I know that the employees are not the company and you guys are just there to do your job to the best of your ability and go home. The frustration is (as BillyK mentioned) when we get info that contradicts other info, but I know you'll have that in any company.

I'm happy you're here and I do hope that you'll stick around. We're nice people, maybe a little geeky, and we take comfort in hashing and rehashing our favorite cell providers' policies.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Links