DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: VZW Promo Plan Member's Transition to "Share Everything" Plan...

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Apparently the 877 number I called was not the retentions department, but rather the Northeast marketing department. However, it was this department where the promotion initiated out of, which makes sense since the promotion was advertised in stores in the NY area (where I live).
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    IIRC, the number we originally used to secure this plan was the marketing department out of Columbus Ohio. Maybe they serve the Northeast.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    @branshaw09
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S iii
    I lost my data discount promo a couple of months ago. Just lost it. I called in and they said that it had an expiration on it for November 2012 so they gave me a $40x6 (2 lines) a month discount for $240 total on my next months bill.
    I guess that's just the deal with these sneeky promos, no one really knows about them therefore no one at VZW knows about them and how they work. Very frustrating, but I guess I should just be happy I was able to take advantage of it for the 2 years.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - nearing death once T Mobile SIM arrives
    Nexus 4 - Stock, Rooted and Unlocked
    Nexus 7 - Stock, Rooted and Unlocked
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by B-RAN View Post
    I lost my data discount promo a couple of months ago. Just lost it. I called in and they said that it had an expiration on it for November 2012 so they gave me a $40x6 (2 lines) a month discount for $240 total on my next months bill.
    I guess that's just the deal with these sneeky promos, no one really knows about them therefore no one at VZW knows about them and how they work. Very frustrating, but I guess I should just be happy I was able to take advantage of it for the 2 years.
    If the original promo was a northeast promo (and you are located in TX), maybe Verizon was going through their systems and culling out the people who got it, but wasn't supposed to get it in the first place?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by B-RAN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    If the original promo was a northeast promo (and you are located in TX), maybe Verizon was going through their systems and culling out the people who got it, but wasn't supposed to get it in the first place?
    I called the Loyalty Dept several times over the past several months, most recently about week ago. Each time I asked them to verify the discount will remain in place before upgrading a current line or adding a basic phone to the plan. They assured me that it would and that the plan has no expiration date. Of course, that really doesn't mean anything since I don't have it in writing, so we'll what happens going forward. They make the rules, so they will change them as they see fit.
    Last edited by Trash Can; 06-14-2012 at 09:28 AM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by Trash Can View Post
    I called the Loyalty Dept several times over the past several months, most recently about week ago. Each time I asked them to verify the discount will remain in place before upgrading a current line or adding a basic phone to the plan. They assured me that it would and that the plan has no expiration date. Of course, that really doesn't mean anything since I don't have it in writing, so we'll what happens going forward.
    Actually, you do have it in writing. If you look at your line's feature letter, the discount shows up on there with an expiration date of November 2038.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Where do I find/access said "feature letter"?
    Would be good to check to see if mine indicates the same expiration date.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Where do I find/access said "feature letter"?
    Would be good to check to see if mine indicates the same expiration date.
    It is the document that Verizon issues when you upgrade your line and renew your contract. It should be in the documents section of MyVerizon.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I looked right after I asked the question. The doc archive only goes back to Dec 2010 - I think I secured my plan prior to that.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I looked right after I asked the question. The doc archive only goes back to Dec 2010 - I think I secured my plan prior to that.
    When was the last time you upgraded the line you want to check? For example, I upgraded one line to the Razr Maxx last month and the contract renewal letter shows the features and discounts on that line that I renewed.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links