DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: VZW Promo Plan Member's Transition to "Share Everything" Plan...

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

No $20 data discount if I go to tiered data

I phoned the Loyalty division today to see if I could switch one of my $20 unlimited data line to tiered data, keep my $20 data discount and get a subsidized phone. The answer was No!

What they said was that I can switch one or more lines not now under contract from unlimited to tiered data and keep the other lines on the $20 data discount with unlimited data... BUT... the following applies:

1. The lines switched to tiered data would lose the $20 data discount but keep the old monthly phone access charge of $9.99 per month and the plan total shared phone minutes (1400 for my plan). So as an example the line I want to upgrade to a subsidized phone would increase $20 per month (loss of the $20 data discount).

2. The lines switched to tiered data would be eligible for phone subsidies.

3. The lines that were kept on the $20 unlimited data discount would keep unlimited data and the $20 discount but not be eligible for phone subsidies. Their monthly phone and data costs and limits would not change.

Just saying...

I am not so interested in what people have been told but what people have actually done. Sooooo....

Has anyone actually switched a line that has the $20 unlimited data discount to a tiered data plan and 1. kept the $20 data discount and 2. got a subsidized phone and 3. kept the other lines on unlimited with $20 discount?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Plan Members that Drop Lines...

For those of you who are also on this plan, I recall there being a requirement for a certain number of lines for basic eligibility - but I don't remember the number exactly. I started with 5 lines. If I drop to 4, does anyone know if I become ineligible?

I know I can call VZW, but I wanted to see if I could get some advance intelligence on this first.

Thanks!
    -bk
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    For those of you who are also on this plan, I recall there being a requirement for a certain number of lines for basic eligibility - but I don't remember the number exactly. I started with 5 lines. If I drop to 4, does anyone know if I become ineligible?

I know I can call VZW, but I wanted to see if I could get some advance intelligence on this first.

Thanks!
    -bk
    My understanding is that you could drop lines as long as all remaining lines stay on the plan.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by regor3 View Post
    My understanding is that you could drop lines as long as all remaining lines stay on the plan.
    Great to hear.
    I need to give VZW a call.
    Thanks!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    any updates on whether the discount stays from personal experiences?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jmayer View Post
    any updates on whether the discount stays from personal experiences?
    I should have a personal experience soon. I'll report back.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Any updates on this? I called in today and they are telling me the same thing..that they will remove the 20 data discount
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 4 (4.0.4)
    So... this sounds like it would work out well for some people (well, better than no upgrade).

Drop 1 or more lines from the old promo making them eligible for upgrade pricing.
    My understanding is that you can upgrade the phones on the tiered plan, activate them on that line and subsequently switch them to you promo line(s).

One more question you might clarify (although I don't think it would be a issue?): Does the upgrade eligibility period transfer with the line?
    For example, you have a line on the promo plan that is eligible for upgrade (2yr) and you move it to tiered. Is it still eligible for upgrade or do you have to wait for another 2 years?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I have an update on dropping lines from the original plan - a VZW rep told me that our promo is a 5+ phone offer. Therefore, if I drop one or more phones, I lose the promo plan. Of course, if I call in again, I may get a different answer. I might try that at some point in the future.

I have one data line that isn't used at all - it was added just to qualify for the promo. But I'd rather "lose" the $9.95/month and qualify for a plan that saves me over $100/month. Thank God for this plan!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    I had a rep tell me on oct 22 that I could upgrade my line but lose unlimted data and keep the 20 discount. The rep I talked to today said no that isnt how it works but she looked up the records from my call and sees what he told me there so they are going to try to make it happen. Suppose to get a call back tomorrow.
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Links