DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C'Mon Samsung Galaxy Note

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note
    I'm about ready to drop my 8+ years of being on Verizon and go to AT&T for this phone alone. Yes, I am serious. Verizon is starting to blow hard with lack of good phone selection and after my Droid X, i'm done with DROIDS anyway
    In the tech world, if you always wait for the latest and greatest, you will always have nothing.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X Sensei-Mod .602 (Live)

Talking Don't do it !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freezetron View Post
    I'm about ready to drop my 8+ years of being on Verizon and go to AT&T for this phone alone. Yes, I am serious. Verizon is starting to blow hard with lack of good phone selection and after my Droid X, i'm done with DROIDS anyway
    I spoke to a Vzw Customer Service rep' this past Tuesday; she hinted that a Galaxy Note
    variant was coming to Verizon. I was actually calling myself to find out if the factory
    unlocked Galaxy Note, N7000, could be activated on Verizon's network since it supports the 700 LTE 4G bandwidth; even though, I knew I would lose all 3G coverage but it really
    didn't matter since I am in a very strong 4G area. She advised against it saying, "there are always problems with the phone settings and users always an inevitably wind up losing functionality like, text messaging, picture messaging, etc, when it's an unlocked device or a phone not certified for the carrier. Just be patient, I'm sure Verizon's got something similar coming. We have to remain competitive, you know." So, dude, if you ditch Verizon you will only regret it in the long run.

As for your Droid X, I had one for over a year; one of Verizon's worst phones ever, technically speaking. I swore never ever again to do Motorola and I knew enough about Android to
    know Android was not the problem. It's that crappy Motoblur on the DX; it creates all kinds of issues. I've had the RAZR since December and LOOOVE it; none of the problems I had on the DX (I know, I said I would never do Moto' again) but, between my DX and RAZR, there is no comparison. If you can wait a few more months, I'm sure you'll have your Galaxy Journal on Verizon (and, I will too). As for me, I am selling my RAZR to leverage the full cost of the Journal when it's released. And, the only reason I am getting the Journal is for that humongous
    a$$ screen and not because I have any problems with my RAZR. I already bought a
    temporary Samsung Charge in mint condition to activate in the meantime so that I can
    sell my RAZR for maximum profit. When I get the Journal, I'll flip the Charge (got it really cheap anyway and it still had the 32GB memory card, including original box and manuals).

Besides, the Verizon Galaxy Journal should make some kind of noise and appearance at the upcoming CTIA conference in Swamp Country U.S.A. aka New Orleans, May 8-10. (they could have chosen another city, though).
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note
    yeah, I can't wait that long
    In the tech world, if you always wait for the latest and greatest, you will always have nothing.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    SGS3 - Yup Its that Cool :)
    not for nothing, but if you have been with verizon so long,
    you must have unlimited data? if so, are you willing to give that up
    Life is NOT a Dress Rehersal
    Live Life with NO regrets
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    As far as I'm concerned, the bigger the phone the better! Hopefully in a few years we'll start getting phones with really great screen sizes, like my 46" TV in the living room - all they need to do is put in a radio, right?

..... :P

But really I would love to have a galaxy note. I played with one at the gdgt expo in austin and it was SO COOL.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note
    Ordered a beautiful white Samasung Note at my Costco for $250 with screen protectors, car charger with USB, home charger and travel case along with free activation to AT@T. Should be here wednsday and then bye bye to DX and Verizon
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Won't jump ship

Quote Originally Posted by LadyPhoenix View Post
    not for nothing, but if you have been with verizon so long,
    you must have unlimited data? if so, are you willing to give that up
    This is why I am sticking with Verizon. I want that Galaxy Note/Journal but my fam plan is grandfathered into unlimited,

as well as any future additions to our line as long as I keep data plan on two of our three phones.

I've been eligible to upgrade since May of last year (still rocking my Moto Droid 1). The Android updates thus far have incrementally crippled my device.

I need to upgrade. I'd like to wait for the Galaxy Journal to get to Verizon, or something just as good but that April 22 deadline is coming up.

On that aforementioned occasion Verizon will start charging $36 for upgrades. So I have a few days left to decide on whether I will upgrade. This limbo

is discouraging, especially since Verizon has not leaked out anything for the rumor mill to continue Therefore, it seems the Journal/Note on Verizon is a long way off.
    Last edited by Caquin; 04-18-2012 at 11:00 PM.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    I would have totally gotten the galaxy note if it would have come to Verizon a lot earlier....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    __Hmong_Xiong__
    Phone
    Android All Day
    Got a RAZR instead and enjoy it...next time Galaxy Note...next time

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Google+----------Twitter

Motorola Droid 2 || Samsung Fascinate || Samsung Galaxy S III

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note
    Man, this Note is so awesome and sexy. Don't miss my Droid X at all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links