DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 5 Years ago, yesterday...the first iPhone (no haters, just FYI - but cool to watch)

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member

5 Years ago, yesterday...the first iPhone (no haters, just FYI - but cool to watch)

This is a really cool video to watch now, especially considering this product was introduced exactly 5 years ago yesterday. Imagine that nearly everyone in that audience had never seen some of the innovations introduced to them until that very moment, yet we all are now very familiar with them and consider them as standard issue features.
    http://www.imore.com/2012/01/09/5-years-today-apple-reinvented-phone/

Sent from my desktop PC, sitting right next to my Droid RAZR (not to be left unmentioned).
    pc747 likes this.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    GALAXY NEXUS
    The one thing I like about the iPhone...it's hype!

It's sexy...and it's fun to hold....but Apple really hyped the crap outta it to get the app devs to devote time on the side from their full time jobs to start tinkering and making "apps"...and eventually making it their full time job

Or kids to crack open programming books and learn how to make a silly thing for 99 cents (the magical 99 cent price figure....)

Or those commercials. Always joyous or informative doing things that look so simple (though many phones already did 'em....)

Best yet....making people feel as if THEY were mac users on the sly. Ask a typical iPhone user...what OS are they running?

"That mac one. I'll admit...it's nice....different from what they had in school!"

Like android phones, w/out the apps....an iPhone is bare and boring. That's where I respect 'em. That...and how they prostituted themselves to allow anyone to make any type of accessory for the phone!!! I went to wal mart for a nexus case....couldn't find one. But literally, over 40 iphone cases!!!!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    With its huge 3.5inch screen

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Rooted Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksoxing View Post

It's sexy...and it's fun to hold....but Apple really hyped the crap outta it to get the app devs to devote time on the side from their full time jobs to start tinkering and making "apps"...and eventually making it their full time job

Or kids to crack open programming books and learn how to make a silly thing for 99 cents (the magical 99 cent price figure....)

Or those commercials. Always joyous or informative doing things that look so simple (though many phones already did 'em....)

Best yet....making people feel as if THEY were mac users on the sly. Ask a typical iPhone user...what OS are they running?

"That mac one. I'll admit...it's nice....different from what they had in school!"

Like android phones, w/out the apps....an iPhone is bare and boring. That's where I respect 'em. That...and how they prostituted themselves to allow anyone to make any type of accessory for the phone!!! I went to wal mart for a nexus case....couldn't find one. But literally, over 40 iphone cases!!!!
    Yeah the only thing I like about the iPhone is ummm..

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    DROID X --> Nexus Prime
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lfylove View Post
    With its huge 3.5inch screen

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    Yeah, pretty funny now, huh?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    People can hate and be in denial all they want, but this day changed smartphones forever. Whether you want to believe that or not is completely irrelevant. You don't have to like Apple but to be in complete denial of what this phone did for the industry is just ignorance. Obviously Android has now come along and stepped the game up but at the time there was nothing even remotely like the iPhone.
    pc747 likes this.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksoxing View Post

Right, if there's one thing I get frustrated about it's the lack of accessories for the various Android phones and the virtual plethora of cool accessories for the iPhone and adapters to interface with other equipment. One of the keys to that is the custom 30 pin connector that has remained the same across the iPod and iPhone and in the same position at the bottom for a good number of years. If Google had made a similar standard we'd have seen far more support with accessories over the years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    It is funny though that at the time the 3.5 inch screen was considered "big" and now when I hold an iPhone after having my Galaxy Nexus the thing is just tiny. I wish Apple would do more of this type of stuff now instead of fighting in the courts! It would push everyone to be better.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    The Iphone is OK (if you are desperate) But the droid cannot be beat. Tough OS. The Iphone probably does what you want it to do. But there is not a lot of room for self personalization as with the droid. Even when I jail-broke it there just was no excitement to the phone. But we each have our own opinion.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links