DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 5 Years ago, yesterday...the first iPhone (no haters, just FYI - but cool to watch)

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post
    Apple.......The only thing they haven't changed is their look.
    5 years and they still have the most aesthetically pleasing devices/OS? It just proves that the general populace could care less what the thing they're buying actually does, and care more about how it makes them look.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kptphalkon View Post
    5 years and they still have the most aesthetically pleasing devices/OS? It just proves that the general populace could care less what the thing they're buying actually does, and care more about how it makes them look.
    In my opinion those devices don't look any better than most devices out. They look nice but they're nothing special.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Or how it works... my wife went 2 years without touching an iPhone, and only had the Android phones I gave her (which were good ones)... Finally got her the 4S, and within one day she was praising how easy and intuitive it was.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    An iDevice is about as intuitive as having only a settings menu, notification bar and app drawer can get. Your mileage may vary.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    Or how it works... my wife went 2 years without touching an iPhone, and only had the Android phones I gave her (which were good ones)... Finally got her the 4S, and within one day she was praising how easy and intuitive it was.
    And there are my friends that went to iPhone 4s on Verizon from EVOs on Sprint. Within one month the husband sold his iPhone and got a Bionic. His wife did the same 2 months later.

IPhones are great for people like my mom, who doesn't know a gigabyte from core. But for people with a decent level of savvy, Android wins.

So, ironically, Apple has become the Windows of smartphones! LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Moto X - Designed by me!
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    +1 None can argue that the are not intuitive in their GUI, more so than just about any other phone. Microsoft may give then a run for their money in that realm but ICS is also starting to look like a true contender for intuitive interface.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Well I mentioned my wife b/c she is someone who never touched an iPhone, was very used to (and liked) Android for quite a long time, and someone who hates change. But she loved moving to the iPhone. She's relatively computer savvy... but thinks of a phone as just a phone, and doesn't like having to tinker or think about it at all.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    An iDevice is about as intuitive as having only a settings menu, notification bar and app drawer can get. Your mileage may vary.
    I agree, but if that's what it takes to make it simple enough for grandmom to operate, then it earned the marketshare it captured. Believe me, I am not apple friendly, and become bored with them quite quickly, but I am also jealous of all the third party accessory products they enjoy. There is something to be said for remaining true to a brand design, especially through so many iterations and sister products (i.e. iPod with all it's versions, and now iPad), especially with respect to their proprietary 30 (or is it 32) pin connector.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    I am a self proclaimed iphone hater everyone has to admit that they were the innovators and without them we wouldn't be where we are today. They introduced the modern smartphone and other companies like Samsung and Motorola took the idea and basic design and made it better. Just like Rio made the first MP3 players and Apple took them and made it better with the I pod.

Sent from my Eclipse 2.2 DROID Bionic
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I definitely am jealous of all of the top level third party products the entire family of I devices has to offer. If there is one thing to be said about quality, it is this; Don't make 5 "High-End" smartphones a year!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links