DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: ASUS Transformer Prime release date moved

Member #
    Phone
    HTC Dinc2

ASUS Transformer Prime release date moved

Transformer Prime Release Date Moved To December, Awaiting Ice Cream Sandwich | WebProNews

are you bummed about having to wait for the tablet? Or is it worth it to have ICS? what are your opinions?
    saviour of the century

Droid Incredible 2
    S-OFF
    HBOOT-6.13.1002
    RADIO-1.09.01.0722
    ROM-CM7 Nightly
    Governor-ondemand
    overclocked-1.9GHz-undervolted
    kernel-2.6.35.14-aeroevan-0.7

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    I haven't spent much time playing around in Honeycomb, but I don't think ICS will be as big of a step from HC as it is from Gingerbread, but with that being said, I would rather them hold back the launch a couple of weeks and get the ICS installation out of the way done right than deal with an OTA upgrade.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    I agree. I'm sure they want to get it out in time for Christmas and I'm also pretty sure they want to be able to say that they have the first tablet with quad core and ICS. It would probably kick sales up a lot because I think there are a lot of people who will wait if it ships with HC.

I do want to get my hands on it though. I know it's just another big boy toy that I probably don't need, but I can say that about most of my tech purchases and this is the first tablet I've seen that has impressed me enough to get me to part with that much money. I don't need the Windows productivity, I have two laptops and a desktop for that. My main need for daily use is exactly what the Prime does. It's like my Thunderbolt on steroids and I can tether the Prime to my TBolt and still make and receive calls while I'm doing other things on the Prime. Also, this looks like it may be one tech purchase that possibly won't be obsolete in a month.

PS: I like your icon.

Links