DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Motorola Jet - What the Droid 3 should have been.

  1. ThisIsMyName's Avatar
    Member #
    12287
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Internets
    Posts
    93
    Phone
    Samsung Stratosphere
    #1

    Motorola Jet - What the Droid 3 should have been.

    So I've been hearing rumors of a phone that is:

    Quad core
    LTE
    12MP Camera
    4"-4.3" display
    QWERTY Keyboard
    1+ gig of RAM.

    Sounds like the perfect phone. It sounds like what the Droid 3 should have been (minus the quad core). Anyone have more substantial information?

    Motorola Bullet, Jet Quad-Core Androids Coming Q1 2012?
    Motorola Jet and Bullet coming early 2012 with Tegra 3 processors - AfterDawn
    Nokia Shorty -> Razr -> Palm Centro -> Touch Pro2 -> Palm Pre -> Droid -> Droid 2 -> Thunderbolt -> Droid 2 -> Droid 3 -> Samsung Stratosphere
  2. Droid Sensei
    OneTenderRebel's Avatar
    Member #
    53261
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hampton Falls, NH
    Posts
    3,334
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #2
    no this isn't what the droid 3 should have been, yes it's what you wanted to be but they technically haven't even introduced quad core processors for phones yet. So the Droid 3 should have been just what it is, with the exception of maybe LTE added in.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

    Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  3. Master Droid
    km75's Avatar
    Member #
    164637
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    466
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic and Droid 3
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsMyName View Post
    So I've been hearing rumors of a phone that is:

    Quad core
    LTE
    12MP Camera
    4"-4.3" display
    QWERTY Keyboard
    1+ gig of RAM.

    Sounds like the perfect phone. It sounds like what the Droid 3 should have been (minus the quad core). Anyone have more substantial information?

    Motorola Bullet, Jet Quad-Core Androids Coming Q1 2012?
    Motorola Jet and Bullet coming early 2012 with Tegra 3 processors - AfterDawn
    Tell you what. If that comes to verizon that is what will replace my D3. The lte, 1 gig of ram, and the nfc chip would have definitely been nice on the d3 even w/o it being a quad-core device. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for it. Hopefully the keyboard will just like the one on the d3 or better.
    Edit: I noticed that this articles date is april 2011. Makes me wonder how reliable it is. Seeing how motorola has moved away from tegra chips in favor of omap chips recently. IJS. Would be an awesome phone nonetheless.
    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Last edited by km75; 09-26-2011 at 02:59 PM.
  4. ThisIsMyName's Avatar
    Member #
    12287
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Internets
    Posts
    93
    Phone
    Samsung Stratosphere
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    no this isn't what the droid 3 should have been, yes it's what you wanted to be but they technically haven't even introduced quad core processors for phones yet. So the Droid 3 should have been just what it is, with the exception of maybe LTE added in.
    Really? 1 gig of RAM is hardly uncommon on newer high end phones. 12 MP camera NFC, and quad core (which I mentioned) OK sure but 512 mb of ram on a new high-end phone? Even the Thunderbolt hat 768 mb and that was released well before the Droid 3.

    Edit: The lack of LTE was frustrating, though you could argue that they chose between making a truly global phone aimed at businesspeople and a phone aimed more at the domestic consumer market.
    Last edited by ThisIsMyName; 09-26-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    Nokia Shorty -> Razr -> Palm Centro -> Touch Pro2 -> Palm Pre -> Droid -> Droid 2 -> Thunderbolt -> Droid 2 -> Droid 3 -> Samsung Stratosphere
  5. Droid
    DC 1127's Avatar
    Member #
    187503
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    70
    Phone
    <Liberated Droid 2>
    #5
    This sounds like the ultimate phone so it will be the ultimate battery hog

    Liberated D2
  6. Junior Droid
    jacob121791's Avatar
    Member #
    217492
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DC 1127 View Post
    This sounds like the ultimate phone so it will be the ultimate battery hog

    Liberated D2
    Actually the new tegra 3 quad cores are rumored to have a fifth core that will run when it doesnt need the quad core awesomeness, if so this would massively improve battery life.
  7. Master Droid
    akhi216's Avatar
    Member #
    160010
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    526
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadaffie View Post
    Acceptable specifications... I want to know that what is it's price and how about the battery life? Is it long battery life or short one? Thanks in advance for your help...!!!
    You'd probably better off waiting on this:

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...Release-Thread

    ..since no one has said anything about it since April. Also no pics of it have been found. The pics of it that you find on the web of it are pics of the Droid 3. Around the time it was rumored Kal-El only had 4 cores; it now has 5 cores, thus if the model was in development back in April when it was "discovered", it would have to be scrapped.

    This was just a rumor that we all would've been better off without.

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  8. Master Droid
    Graymayre's Avatar
    Member #
    43929
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    453
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    graymayre
    Phone
    Bionic
    #8
    Why would they have a 5th core when they could just implement some processor management for battery saving? It makes no sense and would definitely increase the difficulty in development and implementation. This isn't a hybrid car with both gas and electric motors, they are all processors and can be individually managed by the hardware and software as they see fit to design.
    Besides, as they developed the new processors, they are finding ways to reduce the power required for them. Per core at least.

    The answer is 42.
    Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
    Well, I can't answer that.
  9. Master Droid
    akhi216's Avatar
    Member #
    160010
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    526
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Graymayre View Post
    Why would they have a 5th core when they could just implement some processor management for battery saving? It makes no sense and would definitely increase the difficulty in development and implementation. This isn't a hybrid car with both gas and electric motors, they are all processors and can be individually managed by the hardware and software as they see fit to design.
    Besides, as they developed the new processors, they are finding ways to reduce the power required for them. Per core at least.
    Well the 5th processor in Kal-El is a battery saver. While the main 4 cores are clocked at 1-2 GHz, the fifth core is clocked at only 500 MHz (which saves battery), and it is only used to run background tasks and/or tasks that don't require a lot of processor power. It essentially manages battery with a combination of hardware and software rather than just software.



    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  10. Senior Droid
    amishdude01's Avatar
    Member #
    203796
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh pa
    Posts
    131
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DX, Droid 4
    #10
    wait for the droid 4? or wait longer for the Jet? decisions decisions.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Motorola Droid Bionic vs Motorola Photon
    By Torisen in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 09:45 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 10:34 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 02:51 PM
  4. Motorola Droid X Motorola SPN5612A Docking Station
    By cwise in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 09:09 AM
  5. Motorola T605, Motorola droid, and Saturn meet
    By tdpolo26 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 03:47 PM

Search tags for this page

droid jet
,
motorla jet
,
motorola bullet
,
motorola droid jet
,

motorola jet

,
motorola jet and bullet
,
motorola jet phone
,
motorola jet release
,
motorola jet release date
,
motorola jet specs
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+