DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 68 of 116 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: The "New" New Phone Rumor Mill

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoneygreen View Post
    I realize ics has made some improvements at hiding bloat, it does not remove it, thus I'm still peeved. I don't like people telling me what to do, expecially if I buy their Expensive phone. It truly peeves me that the company fails to listen to it consumers and still continues to have unremovable bloat. I dictate what apps I have on my device, I don't need some dude with an advertising degree forcing it upon me, they already get us enough with tv ads. Id be fine with it if they let us remove it, but they don't, it is forced upon us. I don't care the a future oem update will have a feature to hide it. Updates are pathetically slow, and I guarentee my blood pressure rises every time I get around an advertisement that is forced. Its not enough to have an app preinstalled,hey let's make it so can't remove it. O.o that makes it impossible for me to buy the razor. I'm not supporting those tactics. My D1 had 2 of those apps, made me furious enough, imagine 20 of those. I'm not paying moto to force apps upon me. Haha I'm sorry, I just feel strongly about this. If winjdows did that to people (make apps unremovable) their would be sooooooooo many complaints but if moto does it people actually pay for that crap. Not me. O.o
    This is why there's XDA...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    This is why there's XDA...

I shouldn't have to violate my warranty to get rid of an advertisements.for ced apps are just ads in the eyes ont f the company.its a hey tr
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I will certainly agree that it's ridiculous in the first place to have to root to be able to freeze or uninstall bloatware, and even more so to have to return your phone to stock before you try and take it in for a warranty claim when those simple changes are not the cause of the issue that are causing the phone to be returned. The interesting thing is that Verizon is actually in the wrong on it, the same way as car dealerships were proven in court to be in the wrong when denying warranty repairs on modified cars. Unless the company can reasonably prove that the issues you are experiencing or any damage caused is the direct result of modifications you made you cannot have your claim denied.

That said, this has been common practice for a while now. There were programs on my LG V that could not be removed, there are apps on the iPhone that cannot be removed, and there will likely continue to be apps on Android OS that cannot be removed without rooting. Again, my issue is in attempts to say that warranties are voided simply by rooting, and though I hope it doesn't end up as a court case, Verizon is by all appearances in the wrong as there is nothing in the contract that says you agree not to modify the phone, nor could the contractually obligate you to agree to that at still have any sales to speak of.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I shouldn't have to violate my warranty to get rid of an advertisements.for ced apps are just ads in the eyes ont f the company.its a hey tr
    Not if you return it to stock.

5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Not if you return it to stock.

I dont think you get what im saying. I realize that our intelligent community has ways around stuff. Im not taking anything away from the dev community. The dev community is NOT moto. It is a reasonable expectation to say that i shouldn't have to depend on third party software tweaks to get rid of something that is forcefully opted in and its a ridiculous to say that i should have to resort to a TECHNICAL violation of my warranty in order to remove a program that clearly has nothing to do with the function of my phone. The apps have nothing to do with the operating system, they are clearly third party apps, and the only way to remove these third party apps is to violate my warranty. While their are ways to slide out of getting my warranty back on my D1, i can say the violation of the warranty occurs when you root it. Just because you return it to stock they have no way of knowing if you rooted it before doesn't mean you didn't violate your warranty terms.
    I am sorry about the text you quoted btw, that was an incomplete thought. I was writing it in class and my prof. saw me writing it up and started yelling at me, while she was yelling i was typing blindly and trying to hurry up but then she snatched it out of my hand and it sent somehow. Haha, good times. I got my phone back now luckily. Who cares about philosophy anyway?
    Trusstopher likes this.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  6. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    233 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece
    droid 4 is pretty nice looking for a QWERTY phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Motorola DROID 4 leaked in Beta build photos - SlashGear

It says non-removable battery here, but it looks like the cover is similar to the Droid 3 and may be able to be exchanged for a larger back with an extended battery. Otherwise this may be a no-go for me; I just don't foresee the stock battery being enough, but I guess time will tell.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I dont think you get what im saying. I realize that our intelligent community has ways around stuff. Im not taking anything away from the dev community. The dev community is NOT moto. It is a reasonable expectation to say that i shouldn't have to depend on third party software tweaks to get rid of something that is forcefully opted in and its a ridiculous to say that i should have to resort to a TECHNICAL violation of my warranty in order to remove a program that clearly has nothing to do with the function of my phone. The apps have nothing to do with the operating system, they are clearly third party apps, and the only way to remove these third party apps is to violate my warranty. While their are ways to slide out of getting my warranty back on my D1, i can say the violation of the warranty occurs when you root it. Just because you return it to stock they have no way of knowing if you rooted it before doesn't mean you didn't violate your warranty terms.
    I am sorry about the text you quoted btw, that was an incomplete thought. I was writing it in class and my prof. saw me writing it up and started yelling at me, while she was yelling i was typing blindly and trying to hurry up but then she snatched it out of my hand and it sent somehow. Haha, good times. I got my phone back now luckily. Who cares about philosophy anyway?
    I understand perfectly what you saying.

Well the term bloatware/crapware gets paraded around as if it's a standard. What what you may consider crapware, I don't and vice versa. I once read an American guy say that the NFL Mobile app was bloatware and I blew up at him ( how the hell can you be American and not like football???) Manufacturers/carriers target a specific crowd of people when they put apps on a phone. To expect them to please everyone with those apps is ridiculous. Google understood this, and made Android a platform that is pretty much open to hacking and installing custom ROMs that don't have bloatware on them or removing/freezing the bloatware.

The thing is you if you want pure Android, you have to get a Nexus or other developer device (e.g. OG Droid, Xoom, etc.). Many consider Google Books and other Google Apps to be bloatware but you'd better believe that Google is gonna have them on the Nexus, and their attitude about it is if a person doesn't don't like it then they can root it and get rid of it OR...not buy the phone. If a person doesn't feel that the Nexus is bloatware-free and that enrages them and they feel a conviction about rooting the phone because of warranty implications, then perhaps they shouldn't be in the market for smartphones. And the same is the case for non-Nexus phones. And if a person feels that there's nothing wrong with stock Android and all Google apps are necessary, wouldn't that make them no better than iSheep?...

With Android there are options.

Hey it isn't like they're gonna make a phone with a Clean Slate with nothing but Android Market. They're not gonna use psychic powers to determine what a single individual wants preloaded on their phone and market it to the masses, and if they did have psychic power that allowed them to know what the minds of millions of people wanted on their phone they couldn't add everything thus they couldn't please everybody.

Last edited by akhi216; 10-27-2011 at 04:50 PM.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    I understand perfectly what you saying.

Well the term bloatware/crapware gets paraded around as if it's a standard. What what you may consider crapware, I don't and vice versa. I once read an American guy say that the NFL Mobile app was bloatware and I blew up at him ( how the hell can you be American and not like football???) Manufacturers/carriers target a specific crowd of people when they put apps on a phone. To expect them to please everyone with those apps is ridiculous. Google understood this, and made Android a platform that is pretty much open to hacking and installing custom ROMs that don't have bloatware on them or removing/freezing the bloatware.

The thing is you if you want pure Android, you have to get a Nexus or other developer device (e.g. OG Droid, Xoom, etc.). Many consider Google Books and other Google Apps to be bloatware but you'd better believe that Google is gonna have them on the Nexus, and their attitude about it is if a person doesn't don't like it then they can root it and get rid of it OR...not buy the phone. If a person doesn't feel that the Nexus is bloatware-free and that enrages them and they feel a conviction about rooting the phone because of warranty implications, then perhaps they shouldn't be in the market for smartphones. And the same is the case for non-Nexus phones.

Hey it isn't like they're gonna make a phone with a Clean Slate with nothing but Android Market. They're not gonna use psychic powers to determine what a single individual wants preloaded on their phone and market it to the masses, and if they did have psychic power that allowed them to know what the minds of millions of people wanted on their phone they couldn't add everything thus they couldn't please everybody.

But they would please a ton more people if they just gave us the ability to uninstall the apps after we buy the phone without having to do any extra steps besides clicking "uninstall."

I agree with most of your points, but you miss the major kicker, which is "Why can't we have the ability to uninstall them like any other app?" What is the purpose of locking apps that people don't want into the device that are definitely not vital to the operation of the phone?
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    neXus
    ...Because it's the bloat that keeps the prices of the equipment down. They are obligated to to lock them. Although having a time limited lock is a better idea.
Page 68 of 116 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast

Links