DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 67 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: The "New" New Phone Rumor Mill

1. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1036 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    Virtual? I thought this was the rumors section

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    You're on point

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoneygreen View Post
    Its a sexy phone for sure, but the bloatware alone makes it unbuyable for me. They obvouly have the hardware down....its the software that I hate. Moto is too controlling. Like a bad relationship.
    The bloatware won't be a problem as I assume that the Droid 4 will ship with ICS which allows bloatware freezing; and even if it doesn't ship with ICS you can bet that it will get it shortly afterwards. Of course there will be some bloatware removal options as there was with the D3 as well. And once it get rooted one can get rid of all the bloatware if they wish.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    I'll be real curious to see how restricted ICS's "app freeze" option is. I can't imagine you'll be allowed to freeze whatever you want. Blur has some uninstall options for some of the bloat already as well.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    You're on point

The bloatware won't be a problem as I assume that the Droid 4 will ship with ICS which allows bloatware freezing; and even if it doesn't ship with ICS you can bet that it will get it shortly afterwards. Of course there will be some bloatware removal options as there was with the D3 as well. And once it get rooted one can get rid of all the bloatware if they wish.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    I realize ics has made some improvements at hiding bloat, it does not remove it, thus I'm still peeved. I don't like people telling me what to do, expecially if I buy their Expensive phone. It truly peeves me that the company fails to listen to it consumers and still continues to have unremovable bloat. I dictate what apps I have on my device, I don't need some dude with an advertising degree forcing it upon me, they already get us enough with tv ads. Id be fine with it if they let us remove it, but they don't, it is forced upon us. I don't care the a future oem update will have a feature to hide it. Updates are pathetically slow, and I guarentee my blood pressure rises every time I get around an advertisement that is forced. Its not enough to have an app preinstalled,hey let's make it so can't remove it. O.o that makes it impossible for me to buy the razor. I'm not supporting those tactics. My D1 had 2 of those apps, made me furious enough, imagine 20 of those. I'm not paying moto to force apps upon me. Haha I'm sorry, I just feel strongly about this. If winjdows did that to people (make apps unremovable) their would be sooooooooo many complaints but if moto does it people actually pay for that crap. Not me. O.o
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1000 times
    Twitter
    wicked_E46
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Bloatware is something the carriers put on the phones and not the phone manufacturers I thought? Or is it both?

Edit: I guess they both do. Since there are moto apps out there.

Either way, I don't like bloatware being forced on me either.

6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoneygreen View Post
    I realize ics has made some improvements at hiding bloat, it does not remove it, thus I'm still peeved. I don't like people telling me what to do, expecially if I buy their Expensive phone. It truly peeves me that the company fails to listen to it consumers and still continues to have unremovable bloat. I dictate what apps I have on my device, I don't need some dude with an advertising degree forcing it upon me, they already get us enough with tv ads. Id be fine with it if they let us remove it, but they don't, it is forced upon us. I don't care the a future oem update will have a feature to hide it. Updates are pathetically slow, and I guarentee my blood pressure rises every time I get around an advertisement that is forced. Its not enough to have an app preinstalled,hey let's make it so can't remove it. O.o that makes it impossible for me to buy the razor. I'm not supporting those tactics. My D1 had 2 of those apps, made me furious enough, imagine 20 of those. I'm not paying moto to force apps upon me. Haha I'm sorry, I just feel strongly about this. If winjdows did that to people (make apps unremovable) their would be sooooooooo many complaints but if moto does it people actually pay for that crap. Not me. O.o
    No, please, tell is how you really feel!! haha ....

But honestly, I totally agree.... the more I feel like I'm being forced into something, the more I loathe it.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    Virtual? I thought this was the rumors section

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID
    It virtually is the rumors section?
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    Bloatware is something the carriers put on the phones and not the phone manufacturers I thought? Or is it both?

Edit: I guess they both do. Since there are moto apps out there.

Either way, I don't like bloatware being forced on me either.
    its both, its probably a deal between the two companies.a manufacturer doesn't have to have bloat if they fell striongly about it. I'm not against preinstalled apps, I'm aginst the action of putting it inside the system apps. Making bloat unremovable is just a backhand after a slap. The aarogant peepss forcing it is just overkill. Why force? No reason to.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    No, please, tell is how you really feel!! haha ....

But honestly, I totally agree.... the more I feel like I'm being forced into something, the more I loathe it.
    exactly. I'm surre some of the apps are really good like some of the games but once it is forced upon me I completly hate it, and will go out of my way to be mad about it.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    You know, occasionally, there's been a "bloat" app I actually like and use... maybe if they tried a different method they might have a little more success...

Maybe have a "check out these apps for your phone" app that links to them with features and all that - might make them more appealing.

But who am I to question their marketing methods!
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
Page 67 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Links