DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 62 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: The "New" New Phone Rumor Mill

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Awhile back in this thread I mentioned the Revo 2 and someone made a HUGE post about how horrible LG is about their customer and device support as well as upgrades and the like... but besides that I have very little exposure to the world of LG devices either.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  2. Kernel Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    Awhile back in this thread I mentioned the Revo 2 and someone made a HUGE post about how horrible LG is about their customer and device support as well as upgrades and the like... but besides that I have very little exposure to the world of LG devices either.
    Everyone I know with an LG device has bad things to say about their android devices. I have handled the Optimus and was not impressed with UI responsiveness or build quality....but these are opinions.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    DROID X --> Nexus Prime
    So what do y'all think of the screen on this guy:

LG debuts Optimus LTE Smartphone
    Wait, LG is in Droid business? xD jkjk but seriously, I don't think i've ever seen one in the wild.

The screen looks pretty good I guess, I just wonder if it is actually gong to be a good as the AMOLEDs always are!

Screen or not, what is up with the 4gig internal storage??? At first I thought I read that it was ram and I was gong crazy!

Oh well, Guess I need the new "Bionic Nexus Razr Galaxy S" now...

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    yeah that was me . the screen should be great as long as it isnt totally washed out by backlight bleed. but i would imagine they have fixed that problem. they released the Gx2 with reboot and freezing problems they were well aware of as the overseas version did the same thing. there software for the g2x is still poor. the return rate on the g2x was so high that tmobile actually stopped selling it for over 2 months on lne until a software update came out. the phone has lost value faster than most phones ever did.
    The hardware(other than backlight bleed issue) seems good, build quality seems ok. the screen is great and that screen is better tech than on the g2x so it should not disapoint.
    remember this is a company that sold the g-slate with an unlocked bootloader and than put out a much awaitied update months after everyone else did for their tabs and locked the bootloader with the update. they have refused to acknowledge any thread on their forums regarding this. and have done nothing to rectify that from what the people are saying on the forums. they still have not put out a gb update for the o2x that was released overseas in febuary. the G2x got an update only due to a CAL and in the process took away the camera app that was one of the advertised features and the supplied source gb camera app does not support the front facing cameras resolution. along with faulty to non working gps.
    So while LG may be a major player in the future. i would strongly suggest that they release at least 1 high tech phone that is as promised and works as it should before you consider purchasing anything from them. they are more than willing to send you a refurbished replacement or a supposed repair which you have to pay 20 bucks for . Hopefully after teh g2x debacle they have decided to actually check what a factory is putting out. but their software team is not up to the job.
    I know a lot of people that love their LG phones but they are less tech phones. i think that is where the problem lies. but look at samsung they started out with problems and now are pretty much ruling the roost so in the future they may come back but at this point i say stay away from LG.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Finally, some movement on the Vigor (Rezound) home-front:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc...ml#post1804963

See's a little late in the game to be sending out tester units.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    samsung fascinate
    I mean the are the charging cables gna be the same for both the galaxy nexus and the SGll. Also will the nexus be faster than the SGll?

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Lacost View Post
    I mean the are the charging cables gna be the same for both the galaxy nexus and the SGll. Also will the nexus be faster than the SGll?

Not sure about the charging cable, but as far as speed, both devices will be very similar.

Processors in each:
    • Verizon Galaxy Nexus: Omap 1.2ghz
    • At&t SII: Exnyos 1.2ghz
    • Tmobile SII: Snapdragon 1.5ghz
    • Sprint SII: Exnyos 1.2ghz
    Technically speaking the processor in the Nexus is probably the lowest performer out of all these, BUT it is no slouch. The Snapdragon has the fastest clock speed, but people rave about the new Exnyos processors. Keep in mind, the Nexus processor is underclocked as is, and has the potential to clock up to 1.5ghz with kernel enhancements. Really, you can't go wrong with any variant of the SII or the Nexus. They're all awesome phones.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Lacost View Post

They don't use standard micro usb?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycemiskel View Post
    They don't use standard micro usb?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    More than likely, but 100% confirmation would be nice.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    samsung fascinate
    So the all the other processor u named are better than the nexus?

Links