DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 51 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: The "New" New Phone Rumor Mill

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot95 View Post
    Attachment 41475

Japanese retailer leaks poster showing off Samsung Nexus. Also confirms specs for THIS version of the phone. Please note: probably not exactly the same as the US version.

Galaxy Nexus breaks cover early in Japan, it's almost everything you expected the Nexus Prime to be

For the lazies:
    - it is indeed coming with a humongous 4.65-inch display with an incredulous resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels
    - powered by a fourth-gen TI OMAP 4460 chip with a dual-core processor clocked at 1.2GHz
    - It's also pretty thin at just .35 inches, but at its thickest point that goes to .45 inches
    - 5mp rear; 1.3mp front.
    Whew, 4.65 inch display! That was my big want! If the cpu is the 4460 I can live with that. At least it's not the 4430 just bumped up a bit like the Moto Razr. Plus I'm guessin it will be fine OC'd to 1.7!!
    Last edited by tgyberg; 10-18-2011 at 08:56 AM.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Just to kill some time (trying to make the day go by quicker) I did some more work on that phone comparison excel using the numbers from the leaked poster.... here are the results, one sheet for inches and the other in millimeters. If that are any mistakes or typos, let me know because I haven't really closely inspected these yet, but they should be mostly accurate. Bezel numbers are both sides added together, not amount per side.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Trusstopher; 10-18-2011 at 09:30 AM.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    Anybody watching the Motorola conference live? That new Moto Actv looks pretty sweet. Watch it live!

Motorola Webcast
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    So I'm not sure what is going on here.... there is a live feed @ Watch the Motorola Mobility and Verizon Wireless Live Press Event on Oct. 18 - Motorola Mobility, Inc. right now, but they are talking about the new "MotoActv" work out tech.... reveal.motorola.com is still counting down, but if I remember correctly, it 30 minutes behind what it was yesterday. Just under 3 hours until it reaches zero.

03:00PM Eastern
    02:00PM Central
    01:00PM Mountain
    12:00PM Pacific
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    So I'm not sure what is going on here.... there is a live feed @ Watch the Motorola Mobility and Verizon Wireless Live Press Event on Oct. 18 - Motorola Mobility, Inc. right now, but they are talking about the new "MotoActv" work out tech.... reveal.motorola.com is still counting down, but if I remember correctly, it 30 minutes behind what it was yesterday. Just under 3 hours until it reaches zero.

03:00PM Eastern
    02:00PM Central
    01:00PM Mountain
    12:00PM Pacific
    I thought it was 12pm EST, so 9am PST? The screen says "Motorola Mobility and Verizon WirelessCelebrate the next big innovation from Motorola Mobility", so if it's not about the phone, why would Verizon be involved?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    Here we go, they're talking about the phone NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    We are discussing the video here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ml#post1793487

8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    HEY!!! I finally got an "Anticipated Date" right!

Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    About this thread: I wanted to make a single post with what (we think) we know about the upcoming top tier phones and links to sources for any pictures or updates. I will added/update info as I find it and/or it is discussed here. The primary reason I felt this is necessary is because all this info is scattered all over the place in forums and sub-forums across DF.net. While I feel that this make it necessary to have all of this info in one place, it also makes it very hard to collect and consolidate the info to begin with. This is where YOU come in!! If you could be oh-so-kind, please take a second to look through the phones listed and make a quick post with ANYTHING you feel should be included for any of the phones. I would like this to be a place where someone can come and a quick rundown on all of these phone we are continually speculating about and deciding which one is worthy our precious upgrade, a 2-year contract and, most importantly, our money.

Do you think the phones being released later will be worth the wait?

Which do you think will be most revolutionary to the World of Android? Which the biggest flop?

So I don't have to put "Possibly...", "Maybe...", "Rumored to..." before every single statement:
    All statements are to be considered unconfirmed unless tagged with [Confirmed] and linked to a source.
    Confirmations can only come directly from a carriers or manufacturers so there is no debate on one thing being "more official" than another.

Dates We Are Anticipating

October 6 - HTC "Party" with possible Vigor Announcement(Didn't happen)
    October 11 - Samsung/Google Event at CTIA to announce ICS and Nexus(Delayed until TBA)
    October 13 - Anticipated Date for Vigor Release
    October 18 - Announcement of the Droid Razr
    October 18 - Google/Samsung to Announce the Nexus and ICS in Hong Kong
    October 20 - Release of the Revolution 2/Optimus LTE
    November 3 - First Anticipated Release date for Nexus/Prime
    November 17 - Second Anticipated Release date for Nexus/Prime
    December 2011 or later - Release of the Moto Droid HD/Razr/Spyder

Rumors without enough info/merit to warrant their own post

Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE Moto Jet and the Moto Bullet Samsung Galaxy S III Moto Maserati
    ilikemoneygreen likes this.

9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Trus, that made me chuckle. its almost like we need a special sticker to celebrate.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5 and DROID MAXX
    And you can update the Release of the RAZR to November
    I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Page 51 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Links