DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorola's new Droid HD makes cameo alongside Droid Bionic!

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member

Motorola's new Droid HD makes cameo alongside Droid Bionic!

Okay since I'm at work, I'm not really supposed to post on here but I thought it was worth it

Motorola's new Droid HD makes cameo alongside Droid Bionic!-motoroladroidbionicdroidhdleak01-1313567016.jpg

"We've just received a fascinating set of photos from a sharp-eyed tipster, who sent along images of what appear to be Motorola's Droid Bionic and, most alluringly, that rumored handset known as the Droid HD (pictured above). This isn't the first time we've seen leaked images of the Bionic in the wild, but these shots are certainly a lot clearer than any others we've come across. Still, there aren't too many surprises here, with the global-capable handset boasting a TI OMAP 4430 1GHz dual-core CPU, 1GB of RAM, 4.5-inch display, an 8 megapixel rear camera, and microUSB / HDMI ports.

The real intrigue, however, lies with the Droid HD. Judging from the photos, this device seems to be running Gingerbread, and rocks a 4.5-inch display (presumably with qHD or even 1280x720 resolution, considering the device's name), an 8 megapixel 1080p rear-facing camera, a front-facing shooter and the usual set of microUSB / HDMI ports. There's also a pair of side loading SIM and microSD slots on the left side of the device, a volume rocker and what looks like a power button on the right, a slight bump for the camera pod around back (which sports an LED flash and speaker, as well), along with a large, thin battery that appears to be removable. Perhaps most notable about the HD is its seemingly super thin design -- we're estimating it's between 8.5 and 9mm, which would put it in the same league as Samsung's Galaxy S II, which measures 8.49mm. We'll have to wait for more detailed information on this mystery phone, but you can get a closer look right now in the gallery, below."

Motorola's new Droid HD makes cameo alongside Droid Bionic -- Engadget

3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Twitter
    BlackBlizzNerd
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Specs definitely sound pretty good! 3G or 4G? Anyways, phone looks to.. "edgy" to me. I love the look of the Bionic due to how smooth and clean it looks.
    II New Signature Finally! Made by Me II II Rooted Galaxy Nexus II
    II - AOKP AXIOM MORPHR - II
    II Want a signature like mine? Ask on Twtter! II

II Link to my work: http://tinypic.com/BenLand150 II
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Well....new info popped up about this phone...since my money real tight right now, this may be out by the time I can get a phone. Supposed to be thinner than a Droid X with even less noticeable hump. So...seems like they got different camera hardware in it too. Or they just redesigned the hump even more this time.

With the size of the battery on this thing and how thin its supposed to be, where did they fit everything? Info here:

Motorola Droid HD Pre-Release Thread - Page 9

I would advise anyone wanting a phone....PLEASE stay outta rumored phone threads...its bad for your health...LOL!!!
    Last edited by jroc; 09-09-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Proud of my bloated D3, I don't miss unstable roms on my D1 at all!
    Have a great day!
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    I'm glad that I didn't have to wait long after the end of the Bionic rumors to find a new phone to follow!!
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Would someone please come out with a display bigger than 4.3 inches already???

Edit: On Verizon.
    Last edited by tgyberg; 09-10-2011 at 09:09 PM.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5 and DROID MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post
    Would someone please come out with a display bigger than 4.3 inches already???
    They did: Samsung Infuse 4G Android AT&T hands-on
    I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    The Samsung Epic Touch is too at 4.5:

Samsung Galaxy S

Seeing videos of the Epic Touch...reminds me the GS 2 series is nice....has me rethinking getting the Prime. The thing is I actually like Touchwiz, so if it has stock Android I might not like it. I'm one of the few ppl that actually dont like stock Android on phones so far.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    ^ I like the new blur as well. Grabbed it back in April and haven't wanted anything diff since! (btw, edited my earlier post to say want bigger than 4.3 inch phone on VZW)
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

new razor??

This is the phone I havebeen waiting to see! I loved my RAZORII. I stil have it too. My digging says that the battery is not removable. Any tips.on that? When (if) it rolls out and sounds lgit. Ill take.this over the Bionic. My friend has one its killer fast but.I'm not sold on it. I told myself that if nothing eles better comes.out.before the first of the year I would do the bionic, but this is where I want.to land.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links