DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple to 'ban iPhone gig filming' THIS IS WHY ANDROID IS THE BEST

1. The GRD Dev Team
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    THEGRDDEVTEAM
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D Virgin Mobile
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

Thumbs down Apple to 'ban iPhone gig filming' THIS IS WHY ANDROID IS THE BEST

Apple to 'ban iPhone gig filming'

Ban ... Apple plans to stop iPhone users from being able to film during concerts like Take That's

IPHONE users may soon be stopped from filming at concerts as a result of new Apple technology.

The leading computer company plans to build a system that will sense when people are trying to video live events and turn off their cameras.
    A patent application filed by Apple revealed how the technology would work.
    If an iPhone were held up and used to film during a concert infra-red sensors would detect it.
    These sensors would then contact the iPhone and automatically disable its camera function.
    People would still be able to send text messages and make calls.
    The new technology is seen as an attempt to protect the interests of event organisers and broadcasters who have exclusive rights to concerts.
    The companies are often left frustrated when videos of shows appear online via websites such as YouTube which let users watch them for free.
    Apple filed for the patent 18 months ago and it is thought if successful it will help them negotiate deals with record labels to sell content through iTunes.
    WoZzY

3. LT*
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    WOW, so what happens when you're trying to record your daughters dance recital and your iphone camera goes down because it thinks your at a concert?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    is this really a big deal that people are filming concerts and posting them online?

A video of a concert shot from an iphone is going to be the same experience as being in an arena? where the music, lights, etc completely surround you? I don't think so.

The only way that I could see this being detrimental to the artists is if they aren't putting on a good show in the first place. If you put on a good show and I see a clip of it online, guess what, its probably going to motivate me to get tickets so I can see the show in person.

will version 2 of this software turn off your camera, then send a message and gps signal to the RIAA giving them your exact location so they can hand deliver a lawsuit for unlawful filming?
    Jay

BIONIC - Ice Cream Sandwich .246 SafeStrap 3 (ICS/CM10/CodenameAndroid)
    Kindle Fire - Jelly Bean 4.1.1 by HashCode
    OG DROID DROID CONCEPTS ROMS (looking for ideas to re-purpose this fine device)
  5. The GRD Dev Team
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    THEGRDDEVTEAM
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D Virgin Mobile
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    This is Mostly Just a way for Itunes to Bank money with Exclusive record lable releases for itunes & to Show all of us why we are smarter for using android devices
    WoZzY
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by LT* View Post
    WOW, so what happens when you're trying to record your daughters dance recital and your iphone camera goes down because it thinks your at a concert?
    You missed this part

If an iPhone were held up and used to film during a concert infra-red sensors would detect it.
    These sensors would then contact the iPhone and automatically disable its camera function.
    So there will be hardware on the stage that will be scanning for iPhone's, I seriously doubt that your daughters school will shell out the coin to pay for the technology to prevent you from recording.

What this tells me is that Apple will be able to detect the phone, pull info from it, then be able to contact the phone and disable functions in it, so what's going to stop hackers and thieves from reverse engineering it and getting into these phones and doing more than just turning the camera off.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Why is it such a big deal all of the concert videos suck anyways
    Taken by phones anyways.^^
  8. LT*
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LT* View Post
    You missed this part

So there will be hardware on the stage that will be scanning for iPhone's, I seriously doubt that your daughters school will shell out the coin to pay for the technology to prevent you from recording.

What this tells me is that Apple will be able to detect the phone, pull info from it, then be able to contact the phone and disable functions in it, so what's going to stop hackers and thieves from reverse engineering it and getting into these phones and doing more than just turning the camera off.
    You are correct, I did miss that...
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Or I can cover the sensors with my finger? Lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I always thought that Apple was an EVIL corporation, now I'm sure of it! That's why I own nothing from them.
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I thought this was something new...lol. I read this on Engadget about a month ago.

One point someone made, say the concert is over. If the sensors are still on can you take any pictures or a video after the show while exiting the arena? I know most shows say no cameras allowed, but this could get in the way of harmless pic and video taking.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links