DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Goodbye illegal tethering

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    I think both of you should put it away. Keep the pissing contest at the urinal.

~*Sent from a Galaxy far, far away*~
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    my point, and this has always been my point, is they can charge for whatever they see fit, that they are allowed to charge for per the contract. it has nothing to do with magical data or civil rights marches in washington dc. if you sign an agreement, you're bound by it. it's open and shut. black and white. no gray area. no one was misled by verizon, no one was told that tethering is included. EVERYONE was specifically told that tethering was not included (and again, it doesn't have to be verbally told to you by some guy in a verizon uniform), and EVERYONE agreed to it by signing their contract. whether i think it's bs is irrelevant, because i agreed to it. There are laws that people may think are bs, but is that gonna fly in court when you stand before a judge? "I think it's bs, so i can do what i want"...no.
    well since we know these forums affect nothing, and are fueled by user input, im glad to hear you think its bs at least haha. paying for unlimited data should be exactly what it is, no matter how its used. i stand by anything supporting that...

the problem is that as crack down goes through, people are jumping to what they think theyve paid for, even past their own signature. especially people that didnt even know what tethering was, until after getting a smart phone. 80% of people who walk in and sign a smart phone contract are hopping on a touch screen bandwagon, or had someone tell them "android phones are cool!" if tethering was mentioned theyd be like "uhm...ok sure. i need a phone with internet"
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    And so ends the latest discussion of tethering and whether it's right or wrong. Time to close down this one too. Say goodnight.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Links