DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye illegal tethering

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    I just find it hilarious, and it really gives an insight into human behavior, that so many people here seemingly do believe that they are owed or entitled to tethering because of their unlimited data plan. That's what's truly delusional.
    the explanation now, was my first concern. the money. if verizon wants to announce tomorrow that they feel using your phone on speaker should be charged for, they can, and will. we understand that verizon is in control. they CAN and WILL this or that. you dont need to sell a fact, its a fact.

"im entitled to my data how i please blah blah" hasnt even crossed my mind because i dont even use enough. tethered or untethered. but at the same time, and as youre backing verizon like youre getting a promotion or something, do you not personally feel its bs? you yourself explained the money issue, verizons resources being able to handle the data, and that tethered data is by no means laced with gold, its data.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow02 View Post
    Exactly.

And likewise, if confronted, I'm not going to lie about it. This isn't the playground. Calling me scared isn't going to goad me into anything. Nice try though.
    Ok, so...your "Doesn't matter if I have an unlimited plan or a tiered plan. If I pay for x amount of data, it doesn't matter how I use it" was just internet bravado like i said, right?

So you agree with me completely that you don't have the right, that you are scared to admit it, that you wouldn't lie about it if confronted, and are just trying to justify something that you know is wrong by posting online, right? Ok, we're done. Thanks!
    My pleasure.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by killavbeez View Post
    I just find it hilarious, and it really gives an insight into human behavior, that so many people here seemingly do believe that they are owed or entitled to tethering because of their unlimited data plan. That's what's truly delusional.
    the explanation now, was my first concern. the money. if verizon wants to announce tomorrow that they feel using your phone on speaker should be charged for, they can, and will. we understand that verizon is in control. they CAN and WILL this or that. you dont need to sell a fact, its a fact.

"im entitled to my data how i please blah blah" hasnt even crossed my mind because i dont even use enough. tethered or untethered. but at the same time, and as youre backing verizon like youre getting a promotion or something, do you not personally feel its bs? you yourself explained the money issue, verizons resources being able to handle the data, and that tethered data is by no means laced with gold, its data.
    if you don't believe it, then my comments arent directed towards you. I'm speaking to the people who actually do believe that they have some weird entitled right to tether even when they signed an agreement saying they didn't

and yes, i've said it before and i'll say it again, charging $20 to tether 2GB is absolutely bs. but again, my point, which is all it's ever been, is that it doesn't matter how i feel, or you feel or how my great aunt feels. i signed the agreement. i knew what i was signing, and i knew that tethering wasn't included in my "unlimited" data. it's one thing if verizon hoodwinked and bamboozled me, or misled me, and had me convinced that i could tether and suddenly said no. that wasnt the case.

my point, and this has always been my point, is they can charge for whatever they see fit, that they are allowed to charge for per the contract. it has nothing to do with magical data or civil rights marches in washington dc. if you sign an agreement, you're bound by it. it's open and shut. black and white. no gray area. no one was misled by verizon, no one was told that tethering is included. EVERYONE was specifically told that tethering was not included (and again, it doesn't have to be verbally told to you by some guy in a verizon uniform), and EVERYONE agreed to it by signing their contract. whether i think it's bs is irrelevant, because i agreed to it. There are laws that people may think are bs, but is that gonna fly in court when you stand before a judge? "I think it's bs, so i can do what i want"...no.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Trolling at it's finest.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    Trolling at it's finest.
    Yes usually when you're proven wrong, the other person is a troll...ah the internet...
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    The thing is, you can rant and rant as much as you want. But what's the point? No one is going to be like "You know what, he's right! I better not tether because it's wrong", and then change what they're doing.

It's just funny. The only logical reason for your repetitive pulpit riding is to incite a response. The definition of trolling.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    But you could be dense enough to think your words carry any weight. Again, the internet...
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    The thing is, you can rant and rant as much as you want. But what's the point? No one is going to be like "You know what, he's right! I better not tether because it's wrong", and then change what they're doing.

It's just funny. The only logical reason for your repetitive pulpit riding is to incite a response. The definition of trolling.
    I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion forum. a place where you discuss things, and differing opinions or facts are presented. so you're suggesting that the OP shouldn't have started this thread, and when it immediately derailed into an "i can do this because wah wah wah", everyone except those who felt they had the right to violate their contract should have stopped posting? Ok...then I apologize, I guess?
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Doesn't matter if I have an unlimited plan or a tiered plan. If I pay for x amount of data, it doesn't matter how I use it. Tethered data doesn't cost the network anymore in resources than non-tethered.

/thread
    That's exactly what I've been trying to say, completely agree
    Droid3 + 4g - keyboard = Droid Bionic
    Droid Bionic < Hype
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I'm going to back my truck up to the nearest Golden Corral. They advertise all you can eat, not all you can eat while you're here. So I'm going to clean em out!
    ^^^ That sounds as absurd as the arguments of the entitled ones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
    Ad astra per alia porci- John Steinbeck.
    No pigs cannot fly, but I am a seventh day porcinist and believe that bacon was brought to us by angels.

Razr, Charge, Thunderbolt, DroidX, Fascinate, OG Droid, GalaxyTab
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Links