DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid X vs. iPhone 4

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    LG enV®3 in Slate Blue

Cool Droid X vs. iPhone 4

I am considering purchasing a Droid X. I am concerned about ease of upload and download and sync of pics and docs from my Mac computer. I think the Droid X looks better overall than the iphone 4 right now. I also can go with a 1 yr. contract with Droid X vs. a 2 yr. for iphone, so I don't need to wait as long for an iphone 5 or 6 or 4 G capable. I heard the iphone coming out in July is not 4G capable, but does have upgraded features.

Recommendations?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    D4
    Don't know about Mac, but transferring files to and from my Droid 2 has been a breeze, on Windows and Linux.

Basically, just set it to USB Mass Storage mode on the phone, and the MicroSD is treated like... well, a MicroSD card.

So then it's just a matter of dragging and dropping.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

RE

Iphone 4!!!! its the best-est phone ever android sucks compared to it!!!!

That was sarcasm. I would wait for either the bionic or thunderbolt which will both be 4g and will be coming in the coming weeks.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    I would go with the Droid X for now, if it is the shorter contract of the two that is. iCrap....(Joking) iPhone 5 should have better specs than the iPhone 4. Once your X contract is up and you like the specs of the iPhone 5.....go for it then!

Good Luck with your choice.

Network Administrator by day/ Xbox Freak by night
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I have the DX and use a Mac. At first I had trouble syncing and transferring files but once i figured out the mass storage issue, it has been a breeze. Honestly go with what ever you like the best and you are more comfortable with.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    A lot of people on this forum continuously hate on the iPhone. Personally, ill be Android for life (hopefully it lasts that long)...but the iPhone is still a fantastic phone...regardless of which version. After all, Android wouldn't be where its at without the iPhone...people seem to forget that.
  7. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    Have both phones and a mac to boot. DX is far superior IMO. Apple makes a good piece of hardware but thats as far as it goes for the iphone. Theres ways to sync the DX with macs so dont worry about that. The iphone is more of the 'cookie-cutter' for all types of people.

Seriously, go with android. you wont be disappointed.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Just thought I would drop in with my two cents but basically (not hating on the iphone) the iphone 4 has been out dated since its release (except for the screen)... You also have to remember that with android are you have flash built in, you get to flash roms if you dont like the os, you can expand your storage through your sd card, and it is super easy to overclock the already blazing fast processor... But if I were you I would hold out for the droid bionic or the 2nd droid x which should b coming out soon if I remember correctly.

Please correct any misinformation I gave because I haven't followed apple for a long time after realizing how overpriced their stuff is and getting my wonderful droid 2!

Again I'm not trying to start anything I'm just stating what I remember reading about on the iphone series...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  9. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brettofamerica View Post
    Just thought I would drop in with my two cents but basically (not hating on the iphone) the iphone 4 has been out dated since its release (except for the screen)... You also have to remember that with android are you have flash built in, you get to flash roms if you dont like the os, you can expand your storage through your sd card, and it is super easy to overclock the already blazing fast processor... But if I were you I would hold out for the droid bionic or the 2nd droid x which should b coming out soon if I remember correctly.

Please correct any misinformation I gave because I haven't followed apple for a long time after realizing how overpriced their stuff is and getting my wonderful droid 2!

Again I'm not trying to start anything I'm just stating what I remember reading about on the iphone series...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
    i will say apple is a bit overpriced but they put out quality hardware, although they do limit what u can do with them (no flash, no expandable sd, no removable battery) . still, its what you like.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    incredible
    I was almost ready to jump ship and change to the iPhone when it came to Verizon. The phone itself is extremely well made and I really like the smooth touch response it has. The thing that has me remaining on Android is that on most iPhone apps is they cost money from itunes as to where the Android market has mostly free apps. A co-worker has a iPhone and spend over $200 last month in apps....

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links