DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Verizon LTE Phone Release Dates?

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member

Verizon LTE Phone Release Dates?

Verizon 4G LTE Phone Release Dates?

The most popular question seen on Twitter is easily, “When is [insert 4G device] coming out?”

• HTC Thunderbolt – End of February, early March
    • Samsung SCH-i510 – March
    • LG Revolution – March, early April
    • DROID BIONIC – Early Summer, June

Now, this is speculation at this time. We’re just going with every little detail that’s been dropped at our doorstep and are then attempting to piece the story together. All I can say is, can these get here fast enough? Anyone else bored with all of the current devices?

by Kellex

Source
    Last edited by Preach2k; 01-14-2011 at 11:50 AM.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Probably when they figure out the 4G pricing for the phone plans. Thats just my guess.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    All the rumors (take it for what its worth) seem to peg the Droid bionic for a end of march-beginning of April release
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid101 View Post
    All the rumors (take it for what its worth) seem to peg the Droid bionic for a end of march-beginning of April release
    A June release would be hugely disappointing (not to me, personally, with no upgrade until a few months later) mainly because I'm hoping Moto comes out with a more powerful device in late summer. I mean, it's a great device but we only saw 4 phones at CES and you have to figure there's at least 4 more phones of comprable power, probably better, due the second half of the year.

Can't see the Bionic being that late given the Atrix is supposedly out early March.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    OG Motorolla Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid101 View Post
    A June release would be hugely disappointing (not to me, personally, with no upgrade until a few months later) mainly because I'm hoping Moto comes out with a more powerful device in late summer. I mean, it's a great device but we only saw 4 phones at CES and you have to figure there's at least 4 more phones of comprable power, probably better, due the second half of the year.

Can't see the Bionic being that late given the Atrix is supposedly out early March.
    According to our trusty black_man_x's clever poem..it sounds like we may not see the Bionic 'til Early May or even June (depending on how much time a "scant" is) He says "After Passover" which this year is April 18th...

For the Android Heads.. a wee bit of poem… Life, politics and the confessions of a Tech addict…

See, by then, we may already have word on the phones that will come out at the end of this year, which may well include something of a 2011 equivalent of the Droid x....With New every two canceled..I want to make sure I get something I will be happy with for a good long while!
    Last edited by rybnik; 01-14-2011 at 06:13 PM.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by rybnik View Post
    According to our trusty black_man_x's clever poem..it sounds like we may not see the Bionic 'til Early May or even June (depending on how much time a "scant" is) He says "After Passover" which this year is April 18th...
    Fair points. I forgot that VZW has 4 CES handsets, plus the IPhone, and they are likely going to space all of those 4-6 weeks apart. I think the Bionic would (or could) be ready sometime in March but it will be released whenever VZW has it slated to.

Sadly, could be late May for the Bionic, then late June for the IP5, and that takes us up until August when hopefully we do see a 2011 version of the DX or DInc.

Theoretically, the true "LTE beasts" most of us were anxiously anticipating for early Q2 aren't going to be out until late Q3/early Q4.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Waiting til June for the Bionic to launch is going to hurt Moto... with the iPhone coming, HTC having a new device, and LG launching a device.... people have upgrades and are itching to use them... being last to the party isn't going to help.

YOMV
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    OG Motorolla Droid
    Yep..That is what I'm thinking as well..
    Anyway, I think its probably better to expect things to go like this, then (if) something comes out sooner, we can be pleasantly surprised...rather than disappointed like with what happened to the HTC Thunderbolt (which barely even resembles the IncHD) we all thought would come last December...lol!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    OG Motorolla Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Waiting til June for the Bionic to launch is going to hurt Moto... with the iPhone coming, HTC having a new device, and LG launching a device.... people have upgrades and are itching to use them... being last to the party isn't going to help.

YOMV
    However, the Bionic is the only Dual-core device currently announced for Verizon...That may give it a leg up.
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rybnik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post

YOMV
    However, the Bionic is the only Dual-core device currently announced for Verizon...That may give it a leg up.
    I agree, and I believe that's why it'll be the last one out (of the mentioned CES devices). But by June, the Bionic won't be the only dual-core phone on the horizon... which will hurt it. Seems like a rock and a hard place to me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links