From the Motorola Website:
You can export your Outlook Contacts as a Comma Separated Values (.csv) file and then import your contacts into your Gmail account. Here's how:
Tip: Customers that are using an Exchange server, should not have to proceed with the steps below. Once the server settings are entered Outlook contacts and email should automatically be transferred to your device. Contact your IT Administrator for more information.
Copy Contacts from your Old Phone to Microsoft Outlook
Copy contacts from your non Android Motorola phone to Microsoft Outlook using Motorola Phone Tools:
- Click here to make sure your non Android Motorola phone is compatible with MPT.
- In Microsoft Outlook, create a subfolder under 'Contacts' called 'Mobile Phone' .
- Launch Motorola Phone Tools (MPT).
- Click Phonebook. You will see a two-pane contacts view, with the PC contacts displayed on the left side and mobile phone memory contacts displayed on the right.
- From the PC Contacts pane, select the 'Mobile Phone' folder from the drop-down menu.
- From the Phone Contacts pane, highlight the contacts you wish to copy and click the 'Phone to PC' icon in the middle of the two panes.
- After a few seconds you should see these same contact names in red under PC Contacts pane.
- Click on Apply Changes to save these new contacts to your PC.
- Select File > Exit to close the Phonebook Manager.
- Exit MPT and disconnected your old phone.
- Copy contacts from your Windows Mobile phone such as Motorola Q series Phone to Outlook:
Copy contacts from your Windows Mobile Phone to Microsoft Outlook using Windows Mobile Tools:
In order to use the methods below you will need either Active Sync (Windows 2000, XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center (Microsoft Vista). These programs provide users of Microsoft Windows a way to transport documents, calendars, contact lists and email between their desktop computer and a mobile device. CLICK HERE to download.
Copy contacts from your Non Motorola phone to Microsoft Outlook:
- Connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable
- Once your phone is a window will appear. Click Next to continue
- Select Contacts and click Next
- You will be prompted with the option of Allowing Wireless Connections. Click Next after you have made your selection.
- Active Sync will save the settings, and begin to synchronize
- Once synchronization is complete your phone contacts will now be synchronized between your phone and Outlook
Please contact your service provider or the manufacturer of your phone for information on how to transfer your contacts to Microsoft Outlook
Export Outlook Contacts and Upload to your Gmail Account
You can export your Outlook Contacts as a Comma Separated Values (.csv) file and then import your contacts into your Gmail account.
Step 1: Create .csv file:
Step 2: Import Contacts into Google Gmail:
- In Outlook, on the File menu, click Import and Export
- Click Export to a file, and then click Next
- Click Comma Separated Values (Windows), and then click Next
- In the folder list, click the Contacts folder, and then click Next
- Browse to the folder where you want to save the contacts as a .csv file
- Type a name for the exported file, and then click OK
- Click Next
- Click Finish
Step 3: Import to your phone:
- Log on to Gmail, and then click Contacts at the top of the page
- The Contacts list opens in a new window
- Click Import Contacts
- Click Browse, and then navigate to the .csv file that you created in the "Export Outlook Contacts" section of this article
- Select the file, and then click Import Contacts
- After your contacts are imported, a dialog box appears and displays the total number of contacts imported
- On your phone, from the Home screen, press the Menu key
- Touch Settings
- Touch Accounts & sync
- Check Auto-Sync
- Your phone will now sync and transfer your contacts from Gmail to your phone
- Outlook Contacts without an e-mail address are not imported.
- Outlook distribution lists are not imported. Gmail does not support distribution lists.
- If an Outlook Contact that matches an existing Gmail contact is imported, your Outlook Contact information replaces the Gmail contact.