DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [How To] Getting your droid to Sync with Exchange 2003/2007

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry Curve Verizon
    I'd like to add something here. I switched from Blackberry Curve yesterday and was having all kinds of issues with Contacts syncing up on my Verizon HTC Eris that I got for $30 at Best Buy. I am the Exchange admin for my company and I ended up going into the logs on the server and finding that there were issues with all contact that I had a picture associated with.

They were all for friends of ours that my wife send to me from her Blackberry (non Enterprise email) using Blackberry Messenger, long before I ever got the Eris. They sync'd with my Outlook fine back then through my Blackberry Enterprise Server, but for some reason the Eris did NOT like them.

Even though it was just a few Contacts that had pics on them, only about a dozen of the remaining contacts (out of a couple hundred) would show up on the phone - always the same ones, not in any discernable order (alphabetical, etc.), and they'd eventually disappear altogether.

After removing the pictures in Outlook on my work PC, the Contacts sync'd up just fine. I imagine that a lot of issues people are having, even with calendar and emails, have to do with little nuances like this. It's just a matter of finding which "entries" are causing the problems and finding the common denominator with those pieces.

Hope this helps someone, cause this was a pain for me that was giving my thoughts about returning the phone, which I really didn't want to do because I love everything else about it.

Last edited by penleydr; 12-22-2009 at 09:32 AM.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Anyone notice an issue with calendar invites? Original invites are received fine, and can be accepted and appear on the droid calendar. If the organizer updates the invite, all I get is an email with the info and no ability to accept. And if the meeting time changes, the original time remains on the droid calendar and the new time also appears (it appears by default as tentative by outlook). Once I go into outlook and accept the update, the droid calendar resynchs and updates to remove the old time slot.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links