DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to set a picture to your background

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I'm having that same problem, anyone know how to fix it?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Ok I'm having the same problem I have picsay and photoshop mobile I have tried resizing the picture saving it and applying it as wall paper and it just looks more pixelated... anyone have any other ideas?? I have also tried cropping different sizes and importing pictures from my old storm which had a 3 mp camera, and the photo is still huge! Idea for an app possibly?? Just import ur pic to it and u can find perfect size and crop to ur perfect size??? Lol idk some help please
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09
    Same question here. And to expand on it - how do I place a picture so it's the background for only my home screen, rather than the picture covering all three screens? I'd like a different photo for each of the three screens if I can.

cuskit
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cuskit View Post
    Same question here. And to expand on it - how do I place a picture so it's the background for only my home screen, rather than the picture covering all three screens? I'd like a different photo for each of the three screens if I can.

cuskit
    Can't...All 3 screens are your Home screen or 5 screens in 2.1 or with Home apps....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09
    Hmmm. Thought I had seen here screenshots with multiple photos. Guess I was mistaken! Thanks for clearing that up.

cuskit
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Okay, did it, got it on wallpaper but it is pixilated like a mother! Honest to goodness crap. Any thoughts?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm having the same issue. Even using 1600x1200 pictures cropped as far as the orange box will stretch seem pixelated.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Boy View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Even using 1600x1200 pictures cropped as far as the orange box will stretch seem pixelated.
    Not seeing what you are....anyway you can do a screen shot ?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Wide image

What I've found is that IF the image is wide enough, and unique I get the benefit of having the screen to the left of home as uniquely looking at the leftmost portion of my image and same for home and right. Follow me ?

Ends up being a neat effect. I like it.

I understand that 2.1 is rumored to have the tile tool at the bottom to aid the user with knowing what home page they are on. I like what I've got going with this effect. The image is of earth and space and if I'm on the leftmost screen I can immediately tell as the image is different from that of the home view or the right screen.

peace,
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible :)
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogrican79 View Post
    when i set a pic as a wall paper it is huge and rediculously zoomed in... is there a way to fix it so it looks better and fits better?
    Quote Originally Posted by marikarm View Post
    Ya I resized it on my computer and it still shows up huge SOMEONE HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by kb326 View Post
    I am having the same exact problem and my photo is sized far less than 900 pixels... When I go to the gallery and select the photo I want to use as my wallpaper, it makes me crop it. I don't want to crop the photo, but would rather it be my background just the way it is, rather than making it extremely large and zoomed in. Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD View Post
    I'm having that same problem, anyone know how to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MissEvoIXMR View Post
    Ok I'm having the same problem I have picsay and photoshop mobile I have tried resizing the picture saving it and applying it as wall paper and it just looks more pixelated... anyone have any other ideas?? I have also tried cropping different sizes and importing pictures from my old storm which had a 3 mp camera, and the photo is still huge! Idea for an app possibly?? Just import ur pic to it and u can find perfect size and crop to ur perfect size??? Lol idk some help please
    Quote Originally Posted by Victhechiliman View Post
    Okay, did it, got it on wallpaper but it is pixilated like a mother! Honest to goodness crap. Any thoughts?
    Sorry guys I've been busy for a while... but a couple things to hopefully clear this up

1) Make sure that when you are setting the picture as your wallpaper you are stretching the orange box around the pic all the way out... if you don't the wallpaper will center on a smaller portion of the picture making it look all zoomed in and pixelated

2) If you are making your own pictures.... having the correct size is only half of making a good picture. You have to also make sure that you have a good resolution. The more pixels per inch you have the sharper the image will be. I try to make mine at least 150 ppi. By default Photoshop sets it at 72 ppi... so change that and see if it helps.

I hope that this helped clear up some of the questions on here. If not you can always pm me or email me @ meh8036@gmail
    http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa26/bananathunder36/droidForumsSig.jpg
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links