[GUIDE] Full Streaming TV Shows and Movies Online on your Android Phone!
Hey guys, just got this working, thought id share it with you all. Please realize this is not 100% full proof, but its not like hulu where they are going to block it.
What will this guide do:
-Allow you to watch full length TV shows Online
-Watch Full length Movies online
-Watch trailers, commercials, and more 'adult' things aswell
Here is what you need for this to work:
-Android Phone Running Froyo
-Latest Flash Installed
-Browser, I use Dolphin Browser HD
-Access to the internet
**NOTE: This is online streaming video, this is very bandwidth intensive, so you want to use your WiFi access when you can
1. Open your browser, I suggest a non default browser, as I said, I use Dolpin Browser HD (Free in the market)
2. Make sure your browser is set to "Desktop" mode. In Dolphin Browser, press the menu button->More->settings->user agent->desktop . This will make websites think you are on a desktop computer, not a phone
3. In your browser, browse to OVGuide: Online Video Guide - Watch Free Videos. This is probably the greatest video website (besides hulu), and is by far the best movie site. How it works is it works similar to google video, but indexs a HUGE amount of websites and their videos.
4. There is a white search box, click on it, and search what you want to watch. For this, I searched Family Guy
5. When your search results come up. on the left you will see some google like results, on the right you see a logo for the website. I have been using ovguide for years, so I understand which websites are good, and which arent. On your computer, sites like Fox, TBS, Fancast, Hulu are great. On your phone, they hate you. Here are the websites to avoid, Fox, TBS, NBC, ABC, Nick, Disney, pretty much any tv channel's website. What you want to find is for example what I used, like LetMeWatchThis (on the second page), click on the link, and it will take you to the page.
6. When the site loads, it will vary by sites, but this one loads up with some info on the show, and an episode guide. This episode guide lists all the episodes they have. Some sites will not have all the episodes, please note. Click on one, (still talking about LetMeWatchThis) and the page will load (I chose the Stewie Loves Lois)
7. Depending on the site, some will instantly play the video. Others will take you to an index of links. On LetMeWatchThis, it shows multiple links to the same episode. Sometimes the episodes will be in parts, some times the links wont work, its a bit of a guessing game. Sometimes the links will have ratings, pick whichever has the best. I clicked the first link, which I see has megavideo next to it.
8. This link will redirect you to a megavideo page which has the family guy video. Often these are named some obscure and weird thing, so its hard for companies to report. Megavideo isnt very friendly with tv companies, so the links dont die often
9. On the site you need to scroll a bid (use landscape mode) and click the center of the wheel. It will turn from red to green, then click again once green. NOTE: adblocking programs should be disabled for this part
10. And there you go! The video should be running and playing!
Some things to note:
-OVguide has a tab on the side that allows you to visit specific sites based of category, try this out sometime!
-If you go to ovguide and get redirected to the mobile site, you probably forgot to turn on desktop mode. Otherwise click standard version
-Ensure you have the latest flash version. Older versions are less stable and probably dont work
-If a link doesnt work dont fret! There are thousands of links, and hey you didnt pay for it, so it might take you a bit of time
-Sites like Megavideo, Google Video, DailyMotion, Youtube, and anything with a chinese name are your best bet. From OVguide you will be linked to websites that host these links
A quick legal note: This guide is based off if you live in the united states. In the united states, it is NOT ILLEGAL to watch videos that are copyright on streaming websites. It is only illegal to POST copyright videos, not to view them. Websites are not allowed to host these videos, but cannot be sued if the video is on their website, only if they refuse to remove it on request. So in other words, WATCH ALL YOU WANT!
Any questions? Just let me know!