DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: [THEME]--Gold--DC Beta Builds

1. Guest
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    D1...what else?
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Been thinking about this a bit. Is it still happening? Is anyone else having the same issue with my theme?
    Ecsnead made a point in his blacked out apps for dc 9 and 10 thread in his section. Post # 16. I suggest taking a look at it. Its a good piece of info

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Last edited by JayR_; 06-08-2011 at 05:40 PM.
  2. jev
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx D.E., Moto X
    I've tried about everything I can think of, but I'm still getting force closes with the market after installing the gold apps .zip. It works fine without flashing the apps so I'm gonna compromise and use the blacked out apps instead.

*Edit* The blacked out market won't even show up as being installed, so I'm gonna have to be satisfied with the stock market.
    Last edited by jev; 06-08-2011 at 08:07 PM.
  3. Guest
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    D1...what else?
    Quote Originally Posted by jev View Post
    I've tried about everything I can think of, but I'm still getting force closes with the market after installing the gold apps .zip. It works fine without flashing the apps so I'm gonna compromise and use the blacked out apps instead.

*Edit* The blacked out market won't even show up as being installed, so I'm gonna have to be satisfied with the stock market.
    Crap man i have to admit im stumped ..i almost wish i was having the issue so i could better be able to locate the cause. I am really sorry this is happening to you.

4. jev
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx D.E., Moto X
    Its not really that big of a deal. Everything else works and looks great. I can live with it. I just wanted the full gold experience. Its not gonna stop me from using one of the best themes out!
  5. Guest
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    D1...what else?
    Well thank you for the kind words. Ill continue to ponder the issue and if i think of anything ill be sure to let you know

Do you have any suggestions for the theme?

Also if you would like any custom/personal alterations to it let me know im kind of in between ideas for now. Thinking of ideas for new themes too. But i keep coming back to this to improve lol

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DInc 2, OG Droid (Retired)
    I love this theme! However, there are some issues with it.

First, when using BT and in a call, the icon in the top left corner of the notification bar is a gold colored empty battery and not the gold phone.

Second, there are many areas where the text is still black. Usually on a button or text entry box within an app. The problem here is that the background is black as well and therefore the text cannot be seen.

Third, there are many instances where the text is not gold throughout the phone. Whether it's in an email (not buttons or text boxes), web, settings screen, etc. These are as big of a problem as the black text on black background because this text is almost always black with a white background.

Finally, I like that you have a lot of themed apps, but I don't agree with the SuperUser app being themed. The reason I state this is because if there is a security or major bug fix send out, then the app cannot be updated easily.

Other than that, great job on this app. I am working to get some screenshots of these issues for you, but it is taking a while because I have to edit each screenshot to take out all my personal info.

Kratos
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You have to go into DC settings and change your notification colors to gold that will fix your black on black issue. I believe there is 9 of them.

Liquid Smooth
    Minimal Fornication
    Galaxy Nexus
  8. Guest
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    D1...what else?
    Quote Originally Posted by kratos View Post

First, when using BT and in a call, the icon in the top left corner of the notification bar is a gold colored empty battery and not the gold phone.

Second, there are many areas where the text is still black. Usually on a button or text entry box within an app. The problem here is that the background is black as well and therefore the text cannot be seen.

Third, there are many instances where the text is not gold throughout the phone. Whether it's in an email (not buttons or text boxes), web, settings screen, etc. These are as big of a problem as the black text on black background because this text is almost always black with a white background.

Finally, I like that you have a lot of themed apps, but I don't agree with the SuperUser app being themed. The reason I state this is because if there is a security or major bug fix send out, then the app cannot be updated easily.

Other than that, great job on this app. I am working to get some screenshots of these issues for you, but it is taking a while because I have to edit each screenshot to take out all my personal info.

Kratos

i can updoad a fix for the text box issue, the buttons i can lighten up a bit, but some apps like the browser, and the "show pictures button" in gmail i have no control over the text color, but again i can try to lighten up the button background a bit..ill look into the gold empty batter issue also.

and like the shamrock1976 said, make sure you have all your colors set to gold, #ffedc648, by going into droid concepts settings, user interface, notification colors, i think theres about 8 or nine of them in there to change..i didnt change them for the theme since you can manually change them now..and some people may want other than gold in some spots..

as far as the super user app, only the icon is themed, when you install a rom the superuser app installs to /system anyway and the themed icon just replaces the old icon, i theme as many icons as possible just for cosmetic reasons...if the super user app is updated then you can just put it into an update.zip and flash it, it will replace the superuser app you currently have
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DInc 2, OG Droid (Retired)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShamrock7 View Post
    You have to go into DC settings and change your notification colors to gold that will fix your black on black issue. I believe there is 9 of them.

Yep, that was the first thing I did after flashing this theme.

Quote Originally Posted by jayR83 View Post

Kratos

i can updoad a fix for the text box issue, the buttons i can lighten up a bit, but some apps like the browser, and the "show pictures button" in gmail i have no control over the text color, but again i can try to lighten up the button background a bit..ill look into the gold empty batter issue also.

and like the shamrock1976 said, make sure you have all your colors set to gold, #ffedc648, by going into droid concepts settings, user interface, notification colors, i think theres about 8 or nine of them in there to change..i didnt change them for the theme since you can manually change them now..and some people may want other than gold in some spots..

as far as the super user app, only the icon is themed, when you install a rom the superuser app installs to /system anyway and the themed icon just replaces the old icon, i theme as many icons as possible just for cosmetic reasons...if the super user app is updated then you can just put it into an update.zip and flash it, it will replace the superuser app you currently have
    I hope it works for the text on background. Here is a screenshot of it. I circled it with red. Please understand that this screenshot does not do justice to what I actually see (or can't see I should say):

As for the battery icon when in a BT phone call, please realize that this only happens when on a call while using BT. The gold phone appears for all other calls. Here is a screenshot:

As for the SuperUser app, it very well may have been the ROM not allowing the update to the system app. I have always been able to simply download and install the market version as an update and have it work. However, this time I tried to install SU 3.0 Private Beta 1 via the SuperUser Elite app and it failed twice (it is a 3rd party install and I have the settings set to allow such installs). I finally downloaded the app and then ripped it from location, created an update.zip and flashed that way. It worked that way and thee gold icon disappeared. I honestly hadn't even opened the original SU app and just knew that it had a gold icon. I therefore assumed that the entire app was themed and not just the icon. So, what I am trying to get at is that I am sorry for assuming.

Finally, as for the other text, I just assumed that the system text color was set for almost all other text as is the case with fonts. I probably am wrong about this and if that is the case, I may rip the font I am using (default OG Droid) and color each image and them flash that. If I ever get around to doing that, I would be more than willing to send it to you to include in your theme package. Let me know if this is something you would ever include.

Kratos
  10. Guest
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    D1...what else?
    [quote=jayR83;1592685]

Kratos

ok isee your screens now lol must have posted at the same time

its ok i dont mind you assuming, i was just letting you know how i break it down when i theme, in order to change the text colors for my themes i do over a hundred, if not more, .xml edits in the framework and in the apps, basically as many places to change text color as i can find, without things forceclosing, some things will start force closing if i change certain text colors, im sure theres a work around more than likely, but its probably over my head... im getting ready to test this fix out that i just finished up ...
    Last edited by JayR_; 06-21-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Links