DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which Apps Do You Want To See

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phone/Contacts

7 70.00%
  • Browswer

1 10.00%
  • Others

3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ROM Opinions

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    @DroidConcepts
    Phone
    D1, D2, D3
    DroidForums.net Developer

Lightbulb ROM Opinions

So theres a few things that either myself, or someone in the community would like to see in the ROM, I do not want all these features, but some I do, so I am leaving this up to you guys..

The thing is I would love to make everything my own for a truly custom Droid Concepts ROM, the problem is, I'm ONE person with a busy life, and this is just a hobby and something I do in my spare time, and for fun. So I do not have the time to recode and redo the majority of stock like the CyanogenMod Team does, they have a huge team and most of those guys are professional coders/programmers.

So what I am asking you guys is would you like to see the

CyanogenMod:
    Phone
    Contacts
    Browser

apps included in the Droid Concepts ROM

POLL BELOW, AND POST ANY THOUGHTS/SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE
    Click Here for the Droid Concepts Web Site

Check out The Droid Concepts Roms By clicking the image below.!

If you would enjoy what we do please support us with a small donation if possible, we need some new devices..

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DInc 2, OG Droid (Retired)
    I would love to see the Nexus S Power Widget (on the notification pull down) in this ROM! I absolutely love that thing and have grown very accustom to having it around.

I also would like the option to remove the "frequently contacted" list from the favorites tab. I just hate scrolling to the bottom of my favorites and accidentally over-scrolling and ending up half way down the frequently contacted list.

Otherwise, I like what you have already.

Kratos
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by kratos View Post
    I also would like the option to remove the "frequently contacted" list from the favorites tab. I just hate scrolling to the bottom of my favorites and accidentally over-scrolling and ending up half way down the frequently contacted list.
    Kratos
    If this is possible, I 2nd this... or at least an option to clear the list would be nice! I hate seeing ppl I don't like that call me (I use my personal phone for work)... though I may have to have their contacts, they should not be on my favorite contacts list!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyman View Post

CyanogenMod:
    Phone
    Contacts
    Browser

Sorry, I've never tried CM. For some reason not much about it appealed to me (other than the occasional theme and a few details like reboot to recovery ). Are these apps just customized versions of the stock apps and are you asking which ones to replace in your rom?

I've only used the stock phone/contacts, so I couldn't say if anything else would be better. Dolphin and some other browsers require and are perhaps just wrappers for the stock browser. Since I use Dolphin and Opera browsers mainly, and thinking about trying Firefox too, I doubt I'd care about the CM one there.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    @DroidConcepts
    Phone
    D1, D2, D3
    The pull down bar widget will be included, I don't know when I'll get to it, but I did plan on bringing it to the ROM, so no worries..

As far as the Phone app development, I will check into it, and most likely add it, it shouldn't be to hard to figure out..

I would love to see the Nexus S Power Widget (on the notification pull down) in this ROM! I absolutely love that thing and have grown very accustom to having it around.

Otherwise, I like what you have already.

Kratos

If you would enjoy what we do please support us with a small donation if possible, we need some new devices..
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    @DroidConcepts
    Phone
    D1, D2, D3
    I will defiantly check into it, no ETA at this time though, as I'm trying to first get the DCSettings app done, and with a few options.

Quote Originally Posted by djakrse View Post
    Kratos
    If this is possible, I 2nd this... or at least an option to clear the list would be nice! I hate seeing ppl I don't like that call me (I use my personal phone for work)... though I may have to have their contacts, they should not be on my favorite contacts list!

8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    @DroidConcepts
    Phone
    D1, D2, D3
    Well I have since changed my mind, any parts that I may want or feel will be usefull in the ROM I will include, I don't want to simply use CM source, lol..

Quote Originally Posted by djakrse View Post

CyanogenMod:
    Phone
    Contacts
    Browser

Sorry, I've never tried CM. For some reason not much about it appealed to me (other than the occasional theme and a few details like reboot to recovery ). Are these apps just customized versions of the stock apps and are you asking which ones to replace in your rom?

I've only used the stock phone/contacts, so I couldn't say if anything else would be better. Dolphin and some other browsers require and are perhaps just wrappers for the stock browser. Since I use Dolphin and Opera browsers mainly, and thinking about trying Firefox too, I doubt I'd care about the CM one there.

9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Well I have since changed my mind, any parts that I may want or feel will be usefull in the ROM I will include, I don't want to simply use CM source, lol..
    Now that has my vote!!!!
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword." - Matthew 10:34
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    I will defiantly check into it, no ETA at this time though, as I'm trying to first get the DCSettings app done, and with a few options.
    Rebel .
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Having the custom power controls widget is a very handy feature in my opinion!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links