DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 41 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [ROM] Droid Concepts Froyo Releases [BETA versions]

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DInc 2, OG Droid (Retired)
    Quote Originally Posted by Picaso86 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kratos View Post

This is the first time that I am going to try your ROM. I am coming from PE GB ROM. I downloaded build 8 from ROM Manager but its been stuck in the "MOTO" logo for the past 20 minutes is that normal? I wipe Calviks cache and wipe data... any ideas?
    I've had this happen to me from time to time on different ROMs. I usually just pull the battery, then boot into recovery (hold "x" and power at same time).

I then, using ClockworkMod Recovery, go to the advanced and format the following: system, boot, data, and cache. I then clear Dalvik cache. Finally, I wipe cache/data (factory reset) three times.

Then, with this ROM, you must first flash the ROM itself. Then flash gapps. Then flash the optional apps, if you want them. If you flash gapps before the rom, it could create problems.

Try that and see if it works for you. If you still don't completely boot, Let us know.

Kratos
    Dudes thanks a lot Ive been running it for the past 2 days and its really awesome.I couldnt stand GB ROM and the loosing of 3G service after a call... however,
    How can I get a stock looking theme for this ROM? I am not a fan of the blue thing...

thanks guys GREAT WORK!
    The only theme I know of for this ROM is for v8 is the Blue theme just released. You could always pull the images from /system and modify the colors of them. Then just push them back to /system overwriting the existing images.

Kratos
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DInc 2, OG Droid (Retired)
    Just an fyi, the Gemini calendar issue I reported a while ago is a font issue. I finally got around to flashing the update.zip for the stock font and it looks normal now (see screenshot below).

Kratos
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    @DroidConcepts
    Phone
    D1, D2, D3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    BUILD - 09 IS UP!!

You MUST download the new Google Apps, to get the best experience, and for autocorrect on keyboard..
    Click Here for the Droid Concepts Web Site

Check out The Droid Concepts Roms By clicking the image below.!

If you would enjoy what we do please support us with a small donation if possible, we need some new devices..
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    @DroidConcepts
    Phone
    D1, D2, D3
    also added black market to links

If you would enjoy what we do please support us with a small donation if possible, we need some new devices..
  5. Guest
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    D1...what else?
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    is there any specific gapps that are newer versions? im asking because i do a lot of xml edits for my themes and will need to start fresh if newer versions are included, no big deal just curious if anyone knows

also curious as to which section and thread the blacked out market came from
    Last edited by JayR_; 05-13-2011 at 02:05 PM.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    @DroidConcepts
    Phone
    D1, D2, D3
    Quote Originally Posted by jayR83 View Post
    is there any specific gapps that are newer versions? im asking because i do a lot of xml edits for my themes and will need to start fresh if newer versions are included, no big deal just curious if anyone knows

That I do not know, I downloaded the FRG83G OTA this morning, and deodexed the system/apps Just because I don't know how new those apps were or where they came from. So I wanted to switch to the last official update to the Droid, so it has all the Google Apps from the last official build.
    Last edited by woodyman; 05-13-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: spell fix

7. Guest
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    D1...what else?
    ok sounds good, ive got some work to do!
  8. Guest
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    D1...what else?
    Quote Originally Posted by kratos View Post

This is the first time that I am going to try your ROM. I am coming from PE GB ROM. I downloaded build 8 from ROM Manager but its been stuck in the "MOTO" logo for the past 20 minutes is that normal? I wipe Calviks cache and wipe data... any ideas?
    I've had this happen to me from time to time on different ROMs. I usually just pull the battery, then boot into recovery (hold "x" and power at same time).

I then, using ClockworkMod Recovery, go to the advanced and format the following: system, boot, data, and cache. I then clear Dalvik cache. Finally, I wipe cache/data (factory reset) three times.

Then, with this ROM, you must first flash the ROM itself. Then flash gapps. Then flash the optional apps, if you want them. If you flash gapps before the rom, it could create problems.

Try that and see if it works for you. If you still don't completely boot, Let us know.

Kratos
    Dudes thanks a lot Ive been running it for the past 2 days and its really awesome.I couldnt stand GB ROM and the loosing of 3G service after a call... however,
    How can I get a stock looking theme for this ROM? I am not a fan of the blue thing...

thanks guys GREAT WORK!
    blue thing? lol my theme?

is there a particular type of theme you guys would like to see?
    im very open to suggestions and ideas. I currently have a red theme and a different theme that is blue for this rom...although red isnt updated to the most current build because woody is too darn good at building roms and they keep coming at me from all directions thats not a bad thing though..ill have blue updated to the lates build here in just a bit, i havent seen any demand for red to be updated so i havent messed with it
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    D1! and now Bionic!
    Dang Woodman....here I go again..
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    michaeljoshea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jayR83 View Post

That I do not know, I downloaded the FRG83D OTA this morning, and deodexed the system/apps Just because I don't know how new those apps were or where they came from. So I wanted to switch to the last official update to the Droid, so it has all the Google Apps from the last official build.
    Curious- wasn't FRG83G the last official build?

Links