DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: help.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung droid charge

help.

I have a Droid charge it was my ex boyfriends phone I bought him. I got the phone BA k and he had rooted it, but he took the SD card from the phone. I tried to factory reset but it won't remove the root. I just need to know what I can do to remove the root from the phone so I can get it to work again. If you can help please let me know. Thanks so much

Heather.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Reset

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Droid Forums
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by hstover View Post
    I have a Droid charge it was my ex boyfriends phone I bought him. I got the phone BA k and he had rooted it, but he took the SD card from the phone. I tried to factory reset but it won't remove the root. I just need to know what I can do to remove the root from the phone so I can get it to work again. If you can help please let me know. Thanks so much

Heather.
    The only way to unroot a charge is by re-installing the original ROM and kernel using Odin (an app for Windows based PCs). This is not a simple operation and not recommend for beginners. If you want to try it you need to download Odin and the required ROM as well as the drivers for PC which allow you to connect your charge to the PC. These are all available at the XDA developers forum.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Links