Hi, I just got my GB 2.3.6. Update over the weekend on my Driod Charge, not happy because it screw up one of my app "wifi hotspot" (free after one time fee $4.99). It used to work faultlessly provide free wifi to my samsung tablet, now it can not connect & not compatible with it until the developer do update on their end.
However, I found another app "Andriod Routing" that I want to use but phone needs rooting before app can be use. The developer gave me a list of instruction below which I dont quite understand. Can someone verify instructions below if this is the way to root a Samsung Driod Charge? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Note: My phone is in usb debug mode. I have a window xp, I dont know whats a x86 or x64? I see a Samsung driver for mobile phone on my desktop. Where should I start?
1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )
2. For Windows x86 and x64 systems make sure that the Samsung Drivers are installed. You can get them here.
3. Extract the contents of GalaxyS_Vibrant_One-Click_Root.rar to a folder.
4. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable and launch the file "T-Mobile Vibrant One-Click Root.exe" file.
5. Click the "One-Click Root" button. This will launch a command shell follow the instructions in the CMD window
▶ Show quoted text
Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums