DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: I need help unrooting NOW!!!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

I need help unrooting NOW!!!

I traded my droid x2 for a droid charge that was rooted. before the guy did a factory reset the phone was working fine. but right after, the touchscreen wouldnt work. so i did a hard reset and it let me get to the setup. it said welcome to humble. After i enter my gmail, the set up wizard force closes and pops a message up saying it stopped unexpectedly. i click force close and the only screen is black except the notification bar. im not able to do anything. im a complete noob with rooting. i have no idea what im doing. i dont understand anything im supposed to do. i need a step by step process of how to unroot this. id really appreciate it.

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Baton Rouge, LA
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    is a bird sound
    Phone
    S3, Nexus7
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmayer95 View Post
    I traded my droid x2 for a droid charge that was rooted. before the guy did a factory reset the phone was working fine. but right after, the touchscreen wouldnt work. so i did a hard reset and it let me get to the setup. it said welcome to humble. After i enter my gmail, the set up wizard force closes and pops a message up saying it stopped unexpectedly. i click force close and the only screen is black except the notification bar. im not able to do anything. im a complete noob with rooting. i have no idea what im doing. i dont understand anything im supposed to do. i need a step by step process of how to unroot this. id really appreciate it.
    Firt off: Welcome the forum! Good to have you here. Have you gotten back to stock yet? It's a good idea to get your phone on a fresh start since you can't be sure what has been done previously to the phone. There are some great resources on our sister site: Droid Charge Forum

Check out this thread for Returning to Stock with files and guide. bweN_diorD's write up (linked above) works as well...he knows his stuff. Don't hesitate to post up any questions...lots of helpful people to get you set up.
    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of thinking that created them." -Albert Einstein

Links