DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Question...

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Question...

may sound kinda dumb but im a D1 noob ...i just upgraded my phone for the first time wanted to keep my unlmtd data plan before VZW changes it...im gonna miss the slide out keyboard but ill make it work...

the phone is really fast i have it rooted and setup the way i like it...my question is ...while using the droid 1 depending on the rom (cvpcs and cm) both had alternate options and settings for customization ...liquid had liquid settings,gem settings was cvpcs and cm had their own as well...is there something like that for the droid charge ?...if i was to rip it out of one of the other roms would it be terribly bad? since its a completely diff rom/phone

some of the options were diff style locks, gestures etc... i was also able to change what i had in the galaxy s notification bar...i preferred having the flashlight and data and stuff i used i rarely use bluetooth or the gps that i need it in the notification bar...

i know this is rambling and incoherent but all in all im happy with my purchase
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    all im really looking to do is change the notification bar options the rest isnt really important

"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators." and bonus points to whoever knows what movie thats from lol
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Bionic, Gnex, N7, RMHD, G2
    Quote Originally Posted by malaka View Post
    may sound kinda dumb but im a D1 noob ...i just upgraded my phone for the first time wanted to keep my unlmtd data plan before VZW changes it...im gonna miss the slide out keyboard but ill make it work...

the phone is really fast i have it rooted and setup the way i like it...my question is ...while using the droid 1 depending on the rom (cvpcs and cm) both had alternate options and settings for customization ...liquid had liquid settings,gem settings was cvpcs and cm had their own as well...is there something like that for the droid charge ?...if i was to rip it out of one of the other roms would it be terribly bad? since its a completely diff rom/phone

some of the options were diff style locks, gestures etc... i was also able to change what i had in the galaxy s notification bar...i preferred having the flashlight and data and stuff i used i rarely use bluetooth or the gps that i need it in the notification bar...

i know this is rambling and incoherent but all in all im happy with my purchase
    i too thought i would never have an osk but i stand corrected, i love this phone.
    as for the notification bar, this is all i could find in the dev circle {Mods} AOSP Lockscreen/Acc Battery/Clock Removal 5.26.11 *clock remover - xda-developers
    hope that helps to get you where you want to be.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    "What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators." and bonus points to whoever knows what movie thats from lol
    A properly maintained moisture vaporator could usually collect enough water to sustain three average Humans, even on hot desert planets like Tatooine, and Geonosis; water could be collected from air with a moisture content of as little as 1.3%. Because of the delicate nature of the machines, regular maintenance was usually required.
    Patch-in droids were often used as counterparts to the vaporators, as the droids translated the binary language they spoke, for the benefit of the operators.
    During the Jedi Civil War, Czerka Corporation was known to produce vaporators for use in its more arid outposts, such as Anchorhead on the planet Tatooine. Former Sith Lord Revan was known to have obtained several of these as part of a negotiated deal with a local tribe of Tusken Raiders.
    The Republic Army deployed vaporators during the Clone Wars to help reduce the amount of potable water that had to be shipped on transports
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
    A properly maintained moisture vaporator could usually collect enough water to sustain three average Humans, even on hot desert planets like Tatooine, and Geonosis; water could be collected from air with a moisture content of as little as 1.3%. Because of the delicate nature of the machines, regular maintenance was usually required.
    Patch-in droids were often used as counterparts to the vaporators, as the droids translated the binary language they spoke, for the benefit of the operators.
    During the Jedi Civil War, Czerka Corporation was known to produce vaporators for use in its more arid outposts, such as Anchorhead on the planet Tatooine. Former Sith Lord Revan was known to have obtained several of these as part of a negotiated deal with a local tribe of Tusken Raiders.
    The Republic Army deployed vaporators during the Clone Wars to help reduce the amount of potable water that had to be shipped on transports
    soooo, where is my bonus points?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    nice...you are the winner!...the link for the aosp fix and evrything is in the rom i have installed...they just leaked a debloated gb on xda im hoping thatll get cvpcs and the cm team on the charge....the options im looking for are pretty much all from their roms...thanks for the reply...im still hoping that the droid 3 will come out with a gig of ram...doubtful but i can dream i have another week or so to decide if this is my phone for the next two years
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ps-- im back on the moto droid 1...the quadrants scores arent much better on the charge and i still have the galaxy widget bar and netflix and a hard keyboard on the d1...hopefully the d3 will be good but probably not

Links