DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Chromecast bionic and Netflix

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Chromecast bionic and Netflix

I just got a new Chromecast device. I can not get the Netfix app to cast from my Bionic. Netflix functions from my laptop and my iPad. I found a Google help line number. The clueless rep had me do several things and then decided that the Bionic is not compatible, an known issue, but could not provide me with any documentation. Why did we just jump through all of these hoops if it is a known issue?

Does anyone have a Bionic that can cast Netflix on Chromecast?
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    It's the fault of Netflix. The ap senses the bionic and rolls back to an older version that is built it. You can Chromecast Netflix from the bionic in it's lapdock.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by FunN4Lo View Post
    I just got a new Chromecast device. I can not get the Netfix app to cast from my Bionic. Netflix functions from my laptop and my iPad. I found a Google help line number. The clueless rep had me do several things and then decided that the Bionic is not compatible, an known issue, but could not provide me with any documentation. Why did we just jump through all of these hoops if it is a known issue?

Does anyone have a Bionic that can cast Netflix on Chromecast?
    I have the same issue. Netlfix app won't show the Chromecast Icon and neither will Google Play Movies & TV app. Pretty disappointing. Google Play Music and YouTube work, but not those other two apps? WTH? My wife has RAZR M with ver 4.1.2 and she has no issues with any of the four apps.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    It should be criminal what Moto and now Google/Moto has done to Bionic owners. First we suffer some of the worst data issues in smart phone history. Fast forward and Chrome is beyond useless, and now you can not use ChromeCast. WTH?

Chrome and Chromecast work flawlessly on my first gen iPad. How in the $#@& can a first gen Apple device outperform a relatively newer android device on Google products?
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Looks like an update to Google Play Movies & TV has that working now. Just need to get Netflix up to snuff

Links