Bluetooth headset (MOTO ROKR S10-HD) issues
I am having troubles with my Bionic and bluetooth audio connections since I updated to ICS.
Was not able to go thru the OTA update for ICS due to being deployed to the Middle East.
Updated via RSDlite and stock ICS update files.
Ok there are the basics. Now for problem details. Whenever I am listening to music with my bluetooth headphones, after a song or two the phone will freeze. Screen will not come on, nothing works. Either have to wait 15 minutes for phone to reboot on it's own or pull battery. Which ever route I choose the problem is never fixed, a few more songs and it freezes again.
Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution.
I got it to work with help from Motorola Support
Here is what they emailed me. I did the clear partition but no luck. It finally worked when I reset the head set. Although, I reset the headset before and had no luck, so I think it was a combination of the two.
You may reset your headset if you already configure the setting of your phone. This is how to reset your headset: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ail/a_id/59350.
Please know that resetting will restore all settings to default.
If phone still would not recognize your headset after these troubleshooting steps I provided, you may try performing a Clear Partition. Clearing the partition will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.
This is how to do it:
1. Power up the phone by pressing the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .
2. The device will enumerate with different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL and VOL UP Key to SELECT
4. Select Recovery
5. The device will start up with Motorola logo and power up to a little Android man logo with Exclamation mark
6. Press the VOL UP and VOL DOWN Key together at this screen
7. The device will display BLUE Text on a Black background.
8. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll DOWN and the POWER Key toSELECT the option desired.
9. In this case, press the VOL DOWN key till the cache partitionwipe is selected and press the POWER key to confirm the selection.
10. Use the VOL DOWN key again to select YES - delete all user data and press the POWER key to CONFIRM.
11. The device will then start performing the partition wipe
12. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT
13. The message rebooting is displayed on the phone.
14. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence.