DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure) issue that I can't fix

Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure) issue that I can't fix

So I'm running into a massive problem. Basically, every time I reboot my phone, it automatically goes into the "AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)" screen. Now I can hard reset it again, and select "normal bootup" and it boots fine. But its becoming increasingly annoying. I've tried using RSD Lite to fix the problem with the original FXZ, but it always fails at step 6 stating "Failed Flashing Process. 6/22 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin"->phone returned FAIL.

Has ANYBODY else ran into this problem. Its driving me insane and so far, even recovery won't help. Does anybody have a solution?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    bionic

Re: AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure) issue that I can't fix

Original meaning the 246 fxz file? Do you have the latest moto drivers? What were you doing that caused the flash failure?

sent from my icy bionic
    Member #
    Phone
    Basically, I had gone back from Kin3tx ROM to Stock 2.3 because I was going to use the OTA updates to get it to 4.0.4, then root that and install Eclipse ROM since it requires you to be on some variant of Ice Cream Sandwich to install. When I tried installing it, it went to a messed up screen (almost like a TV stuck on static). I left it for an hour just in case and no dice. When I restarted it, I was able to install Red Head Rom to make my phone usable again, but since then, I always get that darn AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure) screen by default when I reboot and have the problem I mentioned with RSD Lite
    Member #
    Phone
    Well I finally went back and found the stock Bionic Ice Cream Sandwich FXZ (or whatever it's called) and was FINALLY able to install it using RSD Lite. I think my problem was, I was trying to use RSD to install the original Gingerbread OS so the phone was running into problems. Thank you Idubs for the help
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    bionic

Re: AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure) issue that I can't fix

Excellent. Glad I could help...

sent from my icy bionic
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    hey, guys im running into a similar problem, maybe you can help. I was running android 4.2.2 on my bionic and went into ap fastboot to use RSD lite to flash to a ICS, so that i could root my phone, because the first time i used voodoo root keeper to keep root but forgot to check the box in superuser to keep root, now i am stuck in ap fastboot screen with flash error, in RSD Lite i got the same error as above "Failed Flashing Process. 6/22 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin"->phone returned FAIL." im stuck here any help would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. i realize now i probably shouldn't have tried to flash back but tried anyway won't being doing this again
  7. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    So with that fastboot failure you cannot run the JellyBean FXZ? stuck in fastboot menu?
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbk View Post
    So with that fastboot failure you cannot run the JellyBean FXZ? stuck in fastboot menu?
    Yes I tried to flash the jelly bean it was still stuck, I got on here posted for help and then like 4 hours later checked my phone and it rebooted normally and I am actually posting this from my bionic. Don't know what it did but it fixed itself I guess haha thanks for your help though!
  9. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spenatron View Post
    Yes I tried to flash the jelly bean it was still stuck, I got on here posted for help and then like 4 hours later checked my phone and it rebooted normally and I am actually posting this from my bionic. Don't know what it did but it fixed itself I guess haha thanks for your help though!
    Good to hear, but if you run into any issues and need to flash the JB FXZ down the line and it won't let you let me know, perhaps I can help if your fastboot is still returning failures.

Links