DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Easytether pro not working anymore since ICS update. Tried uninstall->reinstall,HELP

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GZ'one Boulder (POS)

Easytether pro not working anymore since ICS update. Tried uninstall->reinstall,HELP

I bought a paid version of Easytether Pro and use it occasionally. At this point, I really need it so i can work on my laptop on the go. Everything worked great until my OTA ICS update. Since then, easytether on my laptop no longer recognizes my phone, and now always says "no devices to connect." I have tried uninstalling easytether and reinstalling, nothing changes. I have all the current Motorola drivers, and nothing helps the connection.

Motoconnect has installed itself on my laptop, and I cannot uninstall it because of the error "There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. contact your support personnel or package vendor" I believe this may be part of the connection, but I'm not sure

I contacted Easytether (mobile stream) explaining the problem and they sent me a one sentence email back saying it is "purely a motorola problem" and sent a link to motorola's help page. Yeah, that helped nothing. Thanks Mobile Stream. You're welcome for the $10.

Any help is appreciated. I'm sure I'm not doing something right, but I've spent the good part of the last 5 hours trying to find a solution. Searching has brought up no solution.

Thanks in advance. I do not want to root my phone unless it's abolutely necessary, this ICS update is crap anyways, since my music plays about 25% of the time.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    The Beast Bionic
    reinstall moto drivers and easytether pro drivers back on comp. and give it admin permission.if not and you dont want to use easytether which is slow and garbage IMO. root that bad boy install wifitether free on the market.. you dont need any other apps on your computer or usb cable. or go one step further and use the built in usb and hotspot on phone which i use by doing the SQL hack..good luck
    Name:  Screenshot_2012-12-08-15-07-09.png
Views: 705
Size:  379.5 KB
    "If it was easy, then you would beable to do it" Duh
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GZ'one Boulder (POS)
    OK. I haven't rooted a phone since my Droid 1. I'll search around, but any suggestions on an easy way?
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by DATDAZ84 View Post
    ... Thanks in advance. I do not want to root my phone unless it's abolutely necessary, this ICS update is crap anyways, since my music plays about 25% of the time.
    For $6.97 you could buy FoxFi. It works great on an unrooted Bionic.
    Dave

Links