Here is a guide to use RSDLite to install the .246 ICS FXZ that I cobbled together from various post.
Credit goes to those that wrote the original & host the links. I just amended it a little & put it in one place to make it a little easier to use & find.
Hopefully this will help those trying to get there 246 ICS issues worked out.
This will put you phone back to just like it would have come from Motorola with 246 ICS on it.
You can use this to install .246 over any version you are on.
You can't fxz back to gingerbread from the .246 ota (or leak 235 and above) trying to do that will brick your phone.
This will wipe everything but your external sd-card.
Back up or move anything you want off the internal sd-card / Memory.
The 246 ICS fxz here its the very bottom one
Moto Helper device manager
Motorola USB drivers v5.7.0- 32bit
Motorola USB drivers v5.7.0- 64bit
Use the back USB ports on a desktop. On a laptop it does not matter.
Everything you download will be to your computer desktop.
1. Download .246 FXZ file.
2. Download Motorola drivers to your desktop or use Moto helper device manager.
3. When it is done downloading click on it and install
4. download RSDLite 5.7 to your desktop.
5. When it is done downloading click on it and install
6. start RSDLite 5.7
7. turn phone off
8. press and hold the volume down and power button at the same time on the phone. The fastboot menu will appear.
9. plug your bionic into your computer with the cable that came with the phone.
10. Click on RSDLite, you should see your phone listed.
11. click on your phone to highlight.
12. click on "..." symbol.
13. navigate to the .246 FXZ file location and select that file.
14. on the next pop up select uncompress and start flashing.
15. let the program run until your phone reboots. rsdlite screen will say 22/22 complete.
16. when the green android is up you are done.
17. click on the green man and log in with your google account.
Some time RSDLite does not say complete but the android will show up on your phone. It is complete don't worry about the warnings.
to root your phone after updating for those that wish to.
This is the link for the file to root with razors edge http://t.co/mbIAmwH8 some prefer it.
Recovery mode to Wipe data/factory reset
1. Start with being powered off
2. Hold both volume up and down then power on
3. Volume down moves, volume up selects the highlighted choice
4. when you get to the exclamation point press both volume buttons
5. scroll to Wipe data/factory reset
6. select with power button