DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 124
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Guide to use RSDLite to install the .246 ICS FXZ - updated 10-24-2012

  1. Senior Droid
    ldubs's Avatar
    Member #
    288089
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    105
    Phone
    bionic
    #51

    Re: Guide to use RSDLite to install the .246 ICS FXZ - updated 10-24-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by nitrosport_5 View Post
    Ive tried it a few times. No luck. Booted into recovery and did a factory reset, and still stuck at the droid logo. hope this didnt just brick the phone.. lol
    I would try booting back into fastboot mode and running the fxz again.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  2. Junior Droid
    nitrosport_5's Avatar
    Member #
    130898
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    St. john, Washington
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #52
    Quote Originally Posted by ldubs View Post
    I would try booting back into fastboot mode and running the fxz again.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    no luck there either.
  3. Senior Droid
    ldubs's Avatar
    Member #
    288089
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    105
    Phone
    bionic
    #53

    Re: Guide to use RSDLite to install the .246 ICS FXZ - updated 10-24-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by nitrosport_5 View Post
    no luck there either.
    Hmm what error are you getting? Is your battery fully charged?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  4. Junior Droid
    nitrosport_5's Avatar
    Member #
    130898
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    St. john, Washington
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #54
    Batt fully charged. It goes through the entire process. Phone starts to boot Little android dude shows up with a blue ball thing in front of him with a progress bar under him. that bar completes, phone reboots and gets stuck at the white droid logo right after the red Motorola logo. Everything seems to point to everything being correct. Not sure of the error.. how can i get the error code from it?
  5. Master Droid
    sst45jeff's Avatar
    Member #
    11302
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    315
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #55
    Quote Originally Posted by ldubs View Post
    I would try booting back into fastboot mode and running the fxz again.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrosport_5 View Post
    no luck there either.
    Have you tried booting into recovery & clearing system cache & data ?
  6. Junior Droid
    nitrosport_5's Avatar
    Member #
    130898
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    St. john, Washington
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #56
    Quote Originally Posted by sst45jeff View Post
    Have you tried booting into recovery & clearing system cache & data ?
    Yes i have. That has not helped.
  7. Master Droid
    sst45jeff's Avatar
    Member #
    11302
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    315
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #57
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrosport_5 View Post
    no luck there either.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldubs View Post
    I would try booting back into fastboot mode and running the fxz again.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrosport_5 View Post
    Yes i have. That has not helped.
    Okay you are going to have to tell us in detail exactly the process you are using from beginning to end & what happens.
    Does it complete the flash & say 21 of 21 with no errors.
    Does it reboot on its own or are you rebooting the phone after the flash ?
    Are you using windows comp.
    Are you using the files from this thread or a mix of others from somewhere else ?
    What version was on your phone before ?
    Any modifications before flashing.

    If you are doing the flash correctly it should flash over everything else & give you a new OS partitions & all.
    Usually the issue is when people can't get into recovery to flash the phone.
  8. Junior Droid
    nitrosport_5's Avatar
    Member #
    130898
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    St. john, Washington
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #58
    Quote Originally Posted by sst45jeff View Post
    Okay you are going to have to tell us in detail exactly the process you are using from beginning to end & what happens.
    Does it complete the flash & say 21 of 21 with no errors.
    Does it reboot on its own or are you rebooting the phone after the flash ?
    Are you using windows comp.
    Are you using the files from this thread or a mix of others from somewhere else ?
    What version was on your phone before ?
    Any modifications before flashing.

    If you are doing the flash correctly it should flash over everything else & give you a new OS partitions & all.
    Usually the issue is when people can't get into recovery to flash the phone.
    Here is what i am doing. I downloaded the files in this thread. VRZ_XT875_6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.z ip
    RSDLite5.7.rar
    Motorola_End_User_Driver_Installation_5.9.0_64bit. msi

    Installed the motorola drivers,
    Installed RSD Lite.
    put my phone into fastboot mode by booting it up, holding down volume and pressing power.
    started RSD, plugged phone in
    selected my phone in RSD. Only thing i thought was weird under device properties in RSD, everything says N/A, but it sees my phone.
    browsed to the VRZ_XT875_6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.z ip in my downloads folder. I downloaded it a second time thinking it could have gotten corrupt, same result.
    Hit Decompress and start flashing
    Gets to 21/21 and then status changes to reboot, phone reboots and thats when it displays android dude with the blue ball in front of him with a blue progress bar under him. once that completes, phone reboots again, once it passes the red M logo, it sticks at the first white DROID. It makes a sound like my computer reconizes somthing was just plugged in, and the status of the rsdlite eventually changes the status to please manually power up this phone, after the phone had been haning at DROID for a minute or two. and this is where it sits. i can battery pull and reboot and nothing else happens other than just haning at DROID. i can whipe data and cashe and it does the same thing.

    I am on a Win 7 Pro 64Bit Computer, It is doing the initial reboots itself. I have not rebooted it other than once it is hanging. I was on whatever OTA update was right before ICS. i forget the version. Only modification was Superuser and the forever root mod done. other than that i had all the bloatware in place and all of that nonsense.
  9. Master Droid
    sst45jeff's Avatar
    Member #
    11302
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    315
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #59
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrosport_5 View Post
    phone reboots again, once it passes the red M logo, it sticks at the first white DROID. It makes a sound like my computer reconizes somthing was just plugged in, and the status of the rsdlite eventually changes the status to please manually power up this phone, after the phone had been haning at DROID for a minute or two. and this is where it sits. i can battery pull and reboot and nothing else happens other than just haning at DROID. i can whipe data and cashe and it does the same thing.
    It sounds like from your description that you never disconnected from RSDLite & your computer when you try to reboot it manually.
    Is this the case ?

    You did post earlier that you did a FDR all ready also, correct ?
  10. Junior Droid
    nitrosport_5's Avatar
    Member #
    130898
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    St. john, Washington
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #60
    Quote Originally Posted by sst45jeff View Post
    It sounds like from your description that you never disconnected from RSDLite & your computer when you try to reboot it manually.
    Is this the case ?

    You did post earlier that you did a FDR all ready also, correct ?
    I have tried disconnecting it and rebooting and it still hangs. and if a FDR is going through recovery and erasing cashe ect after the ICS install, then yes i did.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 01:51 PM
  2. Euro 2012 City Guide: Kiev
    By librax in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 03:50 AM
  3. ICS4BIONIC Alpha Updated 1-11-2012
    By Concistency in forum Droid Bionic Roms
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 09:42 AM
  4. rsdlite won't install
    By evolume in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 11:17 AM
  5. Updated Root Guide
    By altjx in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 02:52 PM

Search tags for this page

.246 fxz
,
246 ics fxz
,
fxz 246
,
how to use rsd lite 5.7
,
how to use rsd lite bionic
,

rsd lite

,

rsd lite 5.7

,
rsd lite 5.7 download
,
rsd lite download
,
rsdlite
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+