OK...So here is the scenario:
Moto Droid Bionic / Verizon / Factory settings/no rooting
1) Noticed that phone was dead after a trip to the beach...not surprising given low battery last time it was used.
2) Charged it within minutes of leaving beach
3) Charger was worn out, therefore, it did not continue to charge, however, it booted auto-magically after a few minutes
4) Phone stopped the boot process at the "Dual Core" screen
5) I noticed the indicator light was white
6) Confused, I took the battery out and found some moisture (very little, though) and that the water damage sensor on the battery only was red
7) In retrospect, realized where fresh water came into contact with powered up phone in process of leaving beach
Fast-forward to today, a day later after putting phone and battery in rice in a ziplock and leaving overnight and during day in a hot car and purchasing a new wall-charger.
8) Phone will not power-up when button is pressed, however, it booted itself after being plugged into wall outlet (but not immediately).
9) Phone got to "Dual Core" screen and froze again.
10) I attempted to get it to fastboot or safe-mode via numerous different methods using the volume keys in combo with the power key with and without the battery or charge cord plugged in to no avail
11) I pulled the battery .... waited ... reinstalled it
11) I attempted to boot it via numerous different methods using the volume keys in combo with the power key with and without the battery or charge cord plugged in to no avail
I've read forum posts and googled for hours and have not found this scenario. I'm trying to figure out a couple things:
A) Is my battery jacked?
B) Is my battery dead?
C) Is my phone jacked?
One thing I do not have access to right now is my original USB cable b/c I am on vacation. Any help would be appreciated.