DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ellipsis

Thread: Audio Quality ICS Leak

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

Audio Quality ICS Leak

I recently upgraded to the latest ICS leak and for some reason I feel the audio quality has taken a dive. Here is what I have noticed....

1) High pitched toned when in music player (any) and no music has started playing yet/just ended
    2) Vocals are greatly reduced/instrumentals boosted making it hard to hear lyrics
    3) The highest attainable volume is much louder than what was on stock

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing these issues, or if it was just my phone acting up.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    So weird, I was just going to post about this same issue when I got into work. I've been on the first leak and happened to get a new stereo in my car early last week, so I thought the audio issues were that since the only audio I listen to is Pandora during my commute. There are actually a few songs that I couldn't hear the vocals at all because they were so muted. I thought another issue was with my car as well, one of the speakers would randomly cut out, and although I never had that issue before the ICS leak, I thought it must just be a coincidence. Last night I flashed back to 902, updated to 905, and this morning during my commute it was amazing how much clearer the audio was, and the speakers weren't cutting out like on ICS. This was during an hour drive, so I had plenty of music to compare. I also use Waze, and that was even clearer... the few days I was on ICS it sounded muffled, which I had attributed to the last app update.

tl;dr the audio on the ICS leak sucks.

edit: just found this info -
    I had the same problem. If you go into the sound settings ics seems to have its own sound tweaking system like dsp manager. On 2233 some live surround effect is enabled by default. Disabling that on your wired headset option and internal speaker option will make your music sound normal again.
    Last edited by ellipsis; 06-26-2012 at 02:19 PM.
    DunDun likes this.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    So weird, I was just going to post about this same issue when I got into work. I've been on the first leak and happened to get a new stereo in my car early last week, so I thought the audio issues were that since the only audio I listen to is Pandora during my commute. There are actually a few songs that I couldn't hear the vocals at all because they were so muted. I thought another issue was with my car as well, one of the speakers would randomly cut out, and although I never had that issue before the ICS leak, I thought it must just be a coincidence. Last night I flashed back to 902, updated to 905, and this morning during my commute it was amazing how much clearer the audio was, and the speakers weren't cutting out like on ICS. This was during an hour drive, so I had plenty of music to compare. I also use Waze, and that was even clearer... the few days I was on ICS it sounded muffled, which I had attributed to the last app update.

tl;dr the audio on the ICS leak sucks.

edit: just found this info -
    I had the same problem. If you go into the sound settings ics seems to have its own sound tweaking system like dsp manager. On 2233 some live surround effect is enabled by default. Disabling that on your wired headset option and internal speaker option will make your music sound normal again.
    Thanks, this was getting on my nerves as well!
    Droid Bionic/98.72.22XT875/JellyBelly4.1.2 ROOTED!!!

Links