DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Invalid Gmail Credentials? Try This.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic

Invalid Gmail Credentials? Try This.

After spending a couple of hours of doing research, I finally figured out why my email has been working off and on for the last few weeks. I have a Droid Bionic and I use the standard Mortorola email widget. It stopped working completely this morning so I was finally fed up with it. I was getting the error along the lines of "invalid credentials, please check settings or try again"

I tried deleting the account, but then I couldn't re-create it because it said the password was invalid. I tried installing K9 mail, and it couldn't connect either. However, the Gmail app was working fine. It was blowing my mind.

then i found this article:
    http://om4.com.au/google-apps-gmail-invalid-credentials-unlock-captcha/

t
    hen i found this link:
    https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

A
    fter clicking on this stupid link, already signed into Gmail, my email on my phone came back! I don't know why this screen wasn't showing up when i was signing into gmail from my computer, but this link did the trick.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted DROID 4 (2.3.6)

Smile This explains the same issue on my Droid 4.

Quote Originally Posted by tgarza View Post
    After spending a couple of hours of doing research, I finally figured out why my email has been working off and on for the last few weeks. I have a Droid Bionic and I use the standard Mortorola email widget. It stopped working completely this morning so I was finally fed up with it. I was getting the error along the lines of "invalid credentials, please check settings or try again"

I tried deleting the account, but then I couldn't re-create it because it said the password was invalid. I tried installing K9 mail, and it couldn't connect either. However, the Gmail app was working fine. It was blowing my mind.

then i found this article:
    http://om4.com.au/google-apps-gmail-invalid-credentials-unlock-captcha/

t
    hen i found this link:
    https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

After clicking on this stupid link, already signed into Gmail, my email on my phone came back! I don't know why this screen wasn't showing up when i was signing into gmail from my computer, but this link did the trick.
    --

Thank you for the useful information! I seem to have a similar predicament:

I just purchased my Droid 4 this past Thursday, and that same night I logged in with the stock email app (as anyone wanting mobile email would do). It logged in fine. It was not until the next morning that I received an email from accounts-noreply@google.com stating that a suspicious sign-in attempt was logged earlier Friday morning, coming from Branchburg, NJ (a location obtained from the IP address, I suppose), and from "myvzw.com" (also obtained from the IP address).

I changed my password, and set up Google's 2-step Verification per Google's recommendation, and thought little more on the prevented sign-in. Until today... (the plot thickens)

After having told Google (via a URL link in the same email from them) that the prevented sign-in was not from me, I was unable to authenticate in my Droid 4 email app.

Coincidence? Nah...

So what I'm doing now is following your advise on how to resolve this. I hope it works!

Links