DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Non-Rooted Bionic experiencing several serious issues after 5.9.902 Update

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic

Non-Rooted Bionic experiencing several serious issues after 5.9.902 Update

Hello,

After the 5.9.902 update, I first noticed that my quick contacts widget was empty and that my text messages were no longer associating with my contacts, save 2 or 3, and instead, only displaying their numbers. To investigate, I then went to check my contacts, through the Contacts app, and found that all activity, whether selecting any contact or attempting to access the settings, resulted in a force close of "com.motorola.contacts" and the app itself. I decided to check my accounts and found that my Google account has disappeared from my "My Accounts" list, leading me to further find that my Gmail instantly crashes to desktop. Additionally, my Market requests I create an account first, which I'm guessing is related to the missing Google account. Finally, my notification bar/light seem to be malfunctioning thusly: in between notifying me properly, I've received texts and gotten no notification whatsoever, and I also have experienced instances where the green light flashes with no corresponding software notification.

Anyway, what's also strange is, my Facebook is running fine.

Again, this phone is not rooted and never has been. I simply ran the update the other night, and upon reboot, all of these problems were present. I operate my phone like a typical end-user (which is regrettable; I really don't use it like I should). I've tried rebooting several times and not much else.

If anyone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Pull the battery for a few minutes. If that does not help I would do a factory data reset.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Premium Member
    I have the same issue with text messages and contracts... Force close. All of my accounts are intact..and syncing

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC ROOTED
    i always do a factory data reset and start from scratch before worrying about glitches.... first i start the file app and go to internal and external memory and clear out everything i don't need anymore... i find crazy files in there that were created by stupid apps that i downloaded for a few hours two months ago and then deleted because i didn't have any use for them... only hold files that pertain to what you have on your phone now.... then do a factory data reset... when the phone boots back up... shut it off... take out the battery and go take a shower or sumthin... give it some time to deplete the capacitors in the phone... i like to give mine a good half hour..(overkill)

sorry i've never had all these problems you guys are having with contacts... but i did have that damn problem with the notification light constantly blinking for no reason... also had audio clicks and whines... and the contact widget with no contacts after a reboot.... but now i have a perfectly functioning Bionic... can't think of any problems since .901...

i notice after a good thorough cleanout the phone runs faster and smoother for long periods... clean all the caches... dump all the files... factory reset and start clean... see how it goes from there and you will know if you have a legit problem not being caused by dirty memory or apps...

one thing we never know in these forum threads is how many crappy apps have been in a users phone causing havoc
    Last edited by b00mb00mchuck; 02-14-2012 at 06:29 PM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by b00mb00mchuck View Post
    i always do a factory data reset and start from scratch before worrying about glitches.... first i start the file app and go to internal and external memory and clear out everything i don't need anymore... i find crazy files in there that were created by stupid apps that i downloaded for a few hours two months ago and then deleted because i didn't have any use for them... only hold files that pertain to what you have on your phone now.... then do a factory data reset... when the phone boots back up... shut it off... take out the battery and go take a shower or sumthin... give it some time to deplete the capacitors in the phone... i like to give mine a good half hour..(overkill)

sorry i've never had all these problems you guys are having with contacts... but i did have that damn problem with the notification light constantly blinking for no reason... also had audio clicks and whines... and the contact widget with no contacts after a reboot.... but now i have a perfectly functioning Bionic... can't think of any problems since .901...

i notice after a good thorough cleanout the phone runs faster and smoother for long periods... clean all the caches... dump all the files... factory reset and start clean... see how it goes from there and you will know if you have a legit problem not being caused by dirty memory or apps...

one thing we never know in these forum threads is how many crappy apps have been in a users phone causing havoc
    Although more work, i agree with your process and recommend it.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums
    Riding the information superhighway, next exit Droidforums.net

Links