DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Can't update to .893... 4ever rooted.. stock

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G

Can't update to .893... 4ever rooted.. stock PLEASE HELP!!

My update process is a long story. I've never gotten the .893 update OTA. So I was offered the OTA from Jntdroid. I got the file. From the start I had errors when trying to update. When I finally got the update to take all hell broke loose for one the update was 5.5.894 ( I think). My guess on that one is jntdroid may have mistakenly grabbed the wrong file to send me. Never-the-less. I tried to make it work. Making sure BEFORE I updated the 43v3r root was applied and confirmed. However once updated the Superuser app would not launch (kept FCing) and would only accept root access to previouslly given root apps. Sadly this didn't last long. As I lost all root. Thinking I could start from scratch I used forever root to fully restore the phone back to .886. That seems to work. (however my baseband and kernel seem not to have followed). Now I'm able to see the OTA at complete stock. But the update fails because of a "/cache/Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875....." "assert failed: apply_patch_check (MTD:boot.....). Now I'm at a loss how to fix this. I'm even thinking do I just need to get a replacement phone? I just want the update with my phone rooted and move on. This has drug into a 3 day ordeal. Whats bad now. Even though I'm on .886 I can't FXZ the phone back to stock the flash always fails.

Until I hear from SOMEONE. I've used Bootstrap to restore my filesystem back to get going again. But I'd like to get all this corrected.

So what can I do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can't update to .893... 4ever rooted.. stock-snc00259.jpg  
    Last edited by xmguy; 12-22-2011 at 11:22 AM.
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    Current system status.

Sent from my BIONIC out in the boonies of TN while picking a guitar!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can't update to .893... 4ever rooted.. stock-uploadfromtaptalk1324568429336.jpg  
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post
    My update process is a long story. I've never gotten the .893 update OTA. So I was offered the OTA from Jntdroid. I got the file. From the start I had errors when trying to update. When I finally got the update to take all hell broke loose for one the update was 5.5.894 ( I think). My guess on that one is jntdroid may have mistakenly grabbed the wrong file to send me. Never-the-less. I tried to make it work. Making sure BEFORE I updated the 43v3r root was applied and confirmed. However once updated the Superuser app would not launch (kept FCing) and would only accept root access to previouslly given root apps. Sadly this didn't last long. As I lost all root. Thinking I could start from scratch I used forever root to fully restore the phone back to .886. That seems to work. (however my baseband and kernel seem not to have followed). Now I'm able to see the OTA at complete stock. But the update fails because of a "/cache/Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875....." "assert failed: apply_patch_check (MTD:boot.....). Now I'm at a loss how to fix this. I'm even thinking do I just need to get a replacement phone? I just want the update with my phone rooted and move on. This has drug into a 3 day ordeal. Whats bad now. Even though I'm on .886 I can't FXZ the phone back to stock the flash always fails.

Until I hear from SOMEONE. I've used Bootstrap to restore my filesystem back to get going again. But I'd like to get all this corrected.

So what can I do?

Did you ever get the the 893 update? Verizon just prompted me that the update was available today and I have tried at least 5 times now with no success.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1414 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post

So what can I do?
    Nice tele!"

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!

Links