DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: MS OFFICE 7 Apps not viewable.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic

MS OFFICE 7 Apps not viewable.

Running in to difficulties with any file sourced from MS Office 2007. No problem with MS Office 2003 and below. Running both Quick Office Pro and Docs to Go Pro...no difference. No problem on my old BB Storm. Solutions?
    Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Odd, both apps you mention support the 2007 format. When you say running into difficulties, what do you mean? Error messages, formatting errors, etc.?
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Odd, both apps you mention support the 2007 format. When you say running into difficulties, what do you mean? Error messages, formatting errors, etc.?
    What I encounter is a display which reads as "Unknown file type" when MS Office docs are sent as email attachments at the 2007 level and above. If the attachments are at the 2003 level and below, then they open fine.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Hmmm, i'd guess the issue might be more with the way attachments are handled than the docs themselves. Try putting an Office 2007 doc directly on the Sd card and opening it from there. If it opens, it's an attachment issue and not an issue with compatibility within the app.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    The situation occurs when an attachment from any of the MSO 2007 apps is sent in an email. If its MSO 2003 and earlier, it goes right to the messaging folder. If it's 2007 and up, the "unknown file type" shows when I try and open it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I dunno what to tell you. I just tried it myself, and it worked fine. Popped up a choice between QuickOffice and Office Suite Pro (the 2 office apps I have installed).

Maybe you should go into your app settings for the QuickOffice app and clear the "Launch by default" settings (if any are set), do this for docs 2 go as well.

BTW, this is the gmail mail app I am using. I don't have any other types of mail account set up on my phone.
    Last edited by Dave12308; 11-13-2011 at 08:33 PM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RASR MAXX
    I've run into it as well on a worksheet.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
    TG Browning>>>
    tgbrowning@yahoo.com
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Just gave it another run when linking Bionic to PC via USB. Set USB connection to "PC Mode" and was able to drag and drop MSO 2007 file on board. Opened file with both Documents to Go Full Version or Quick Office Pro. However, same file not recognized when attached to email. Now, not sure how to get to settings for application on Bionic, I just see choices of what kind of file to try and open.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RASR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by tedankel View Post
    Just gave it another run when linking Bionic to PC via USB. Set USB connection to "PC Mode" and was able to drag and drop MSO 2007 file on board. Opened file with both Documents to Go Full Version or Quick Office Pro. However, same file not recognized when attached to email. Now, not sure how to get to settings for application on Bionic, I just see choices of what kind of file to try and open.
    I'll give that a shot, though in most cases it'd b easier to avoid the problem with a save in a earlier
    format.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by tedankel View Post
    From home screen, hit menu key and tap "Settings" - go to "Applications". Choose "Manage Applications" and choose the "All" Tab. Scroll down to "Documents to go" and select it. Scroll down to "Launch by default" and hit the "Clear defaults" button. Do this for "Quickoffice Pro" as well.

Links