DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to get back to stock .886 - please help!!!!!!!!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Note 3, Note 2, SGS3, Bionic

I need to get back to stock .886 - please help!!!!!!!!

I upgraded my Bionic to 5.5.893 via P3Droid's OTA .zip file but have now lost root and tried everything to get it back but can't. I also found that NONE of my Gameloft games work so in short, I am trying to now get back to stock .866

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

P.S. Macintosh instructions are preferred but I will do whatever neccessary.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Here ya go. This will get your system files to 886 but your kernel and radio will NOT return as they cannot be downgraded yet.

R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9543

Try that

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Thanks so much for the quick response guys, but this is exactly where I got the app/files that I have been trying all evening. I am on a Mac so I have been trying to use the MotoRooter method but it constantly asks me for a password for the phone (WHEN THERE IS NO PASSWORD ON THE PHONE) so it's been driving me crazy all night!!!!

Any ideas, or other options. I'm trying right now to download and run RSD Lite on my Mac via my PC emulator.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman8 View Post
    Thanks so much for the quick response guys, but this is exactly where I got the app/files that I have been trying all evening. I am on a Mac so I have been trying to use the MotoRooter method but it constantly asks me for a password for the phone (WHEN THERE IS NO PASSWORD ON THE PHONE) so it's been driving me crazy all night!!!!

Any ideas, or other options. I'm trying right now to download and run RSD Lite on my Mac via my PC emulator.
    I haven't used this method so I'm not sure, but could this be your osx admin password it's asking for? Just a thought. Post a screen shot of the process and I will see if I can help. Screen shot: cmd+shift+4 hit spacebar and click the window of the app on the Mac.

Last edited by safety; 11-04-2011 at 04:18 PM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by safety View Post
    I haven't used this method so I'm not sure, but could this be your osx admin password it's asking for? Just a thought. Post a screen shot of the process and I will see if I can help. Screen shot: cmd+shift+4 hit spacebar and click the window of the app on the Mac.

Thanks for the reply Safety. I finally got it back up and running on stock AND rooted! I must have FXZ'd the phone about 7-8 times and it failed every time. At one point I sort of got bricked in boot mode and worried as my battery drained. I mean I tried every "restore to stock" method I could find and ALL of them failed!....AAAAAHHHHHH!!! (frustrating). It was driving me CRAZY!, and then I saw a post where somebody said that the only way they restored their bricked Bionic was with the Moto (Motorola) Fastboot method.

I have to tell you that there are a few different "fastboot" methods out there, but the one I used is a little different in the commands that are typed in. Since this is the one that saved my life, I want to share the link with all of you just in case you get bricked and nothing else works. It also will give credit to the original poster at Briefmobile.com, anyways here is the link Droid Bionic Receives Fastboot Recovery Files - BriefMobile

Maybe this will help someone else. Thank GOD for the net. These forums have saved me a few times when even the high level Verizon technicians couldn't get my phone working properly.

Thanks to Everybody out there! It feels good when it's fixed.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

.893 back to .886

Hey Batman, I'm trying to use the instructions from the link you've provided but I'm getting an error that reads "The program can't start because AdbWinApi.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. I'm on step 6 using windows 7 64bit btw. Do you have any insight on this?
    Last edited by Pimphare; 11-08-2011 at 03:26 PM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Hey Pimphare

I ran into the same problem when I was trying to get back to stock but I thought it was just me. Then I noticed that the same file that was missing happened to be the same file that was embedded inside 1 of the zip files that I was trying to use. So then I just copied it and made sure it was inside the same folder as all the other files that I was running and then it worked. I hope this information helps you. Unfortunately I am more of a Mac person than a PC person so I can't really help you much more than this, but good luck!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Ok I figured it out Batman. I had to download an SDK package from Android SDK | Android Developers and install it to my laptop to get the AdbWinApi.dll file. I don't believe the recommended packed worked for me because the adb file was moved from the tools folder to platform-tools folder. The SDK package for windows that I selected was an archive. I extracted it to a new folder on my desktop for easy access and ran the SDK Manager.exe and put a check next to the Android SDK platform-tools option and clicked install. It then installed the platform-tools folder where the AdbWinApi.dll file is located. I put the fastboot images and fastboot binary in the platform-tools folder with the AdbWinApi.dll file and then opened a command window. I then ran the command prompts listed at Droid Bionic Receives Fastboot Recovery Files - BriefMobile and it worked! Thanks for posting the link Batman and thanks for the developers who made this possible.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Thanks for the quick reply Batman! I believe I'm back in business now. I've successfully restored my Droid Bionic back to stock. Now I will work on rooting it! Thanks again!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links