DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Issues: Battery drain, heat, and stability issues

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA

Issues: Battery drain, heat, and stability issues

Hello all. I had a few questions concerning the above mentioned issued. I've had the Bionic since it's release date. Since then I've had a few looming issues.

The battery drain and the heat im sure go hand and hand. I've checked my processes running in the background and for some reason blue tooth seems to be getting 25 percent of my battery drain and another 25 goes to cell standby????? How are these huge contributing factors? I woke up this morning with my battery 100 percent. the time was 10 am. By 2pm I was already at 50 percent. Did minimal surfing and for the most part the phone was in my pocket. I have that juice defender, but I don't like apps like that. I shouldn't need an extra app to give me the battery life that the factory says I should get from an EXTENDED BATTERY.

Then there is the stability issue. I recently went from ADW to GO launcher. Both have their stability issues. My GF has a bionic as well and both of us get random reboots.

I hate to say this, but man as far as phones simply working, Iphones seems to take the win there. I've only been a droid user for a couple months now. Been an iphone user for years. Android has a better flexibility and better launchers and speed, but man the cost is stability. I was at a boxing match the other day and i was using the camcorder and in the middle of recording it freezes. had to take out the battery and start all over.

Have any of you found sound solutions to any of this? Could the launchers that i'm using be a cause for this? I thinking about taking both launchers off and going vanilla. Has vanilla worked well for you?

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid bionic
    Only time I saw that much Battery drain I had screen timeout set to off, make sure you are set to two minutes or less.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Links