DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BayouFlyFisher

Thread: How do I get e-mails to quit pushing?

  1. Droid
    lowcel's Avatar
    Member #
    227803
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    53
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #1

    How do I get e-mails to quit pushing?

    I am having problems getting e-mails to quit pushing automatically on my phone. This wouldn't be much of a problem but at 3:00 am my wife is not happy to find out that I just received an e-mail from Best Buy saying they are having a sale.

    In settings I have "Data push turned on for: no accounts", Fetch schedule is "manual".

    Not sure if it would matter but battery mode is "Nighttime saver". Data saver is currently on.

    Data delivery:
    Background data - unchecked
    Data roaming - unchecked
    Data enabled - checked
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    tbell6's Avatar
    Member #
    223500
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    81
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid bionic
    #2
    Plan "B" Config/Sound/Notification select Facebook "pop". Not as intrusive may not wake you or wife, but still adaquate to hear during daytime.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Droid
    lowcel's Avatar
    Member #
    227803
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    53
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tbell6 View Post
    Plan "B" Config/Sound/Notification select Facebook "pop". Not as intrusive may not wake you or wife, but still adaquate to hear during daytime.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Changing facebook's sound will take care of the e-mail notification?
  5. Droid Sensei
    BayouFlyFisher's Avatar
    Member #
    14195
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    4,969
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
    I am having problems getting e-mails to quit pushing automatically on my phone. This wouldn't be much of a problem but at 3:00 am my wife is not happy to find out that I just received an e-mail from Best Buy saying they are having a sale.

    In settings I have "Data push turned on for: no accounts", Fetch schedule is "manual".

    Not sure if it would matter but battery mode is "Nighttime saver". Data saver is currently on.

    Data delivery:
    Background data - unchecked
    Data roaming - unchecked
    Data enabled - checked
    I charge my phone each night while we sleep and I use an app called Bedside. This app displays a bedside clock and has settings to automatically mute all sounds. It also has a setting that will mute all sounds except incoming calls. That's the one I use. It is set to automatically turn itself off when I unplug the charger and all my emails, texts, notifications are there. It's an option.
    lowcel likes this.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  6. Droid
    lowcel's Avatar
    Member #
    227803
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    53
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    I charge my phone each night while we sleep and I use an app called Bedside. This app displays a bedside clock and has settings to automatically mute all sounds. It also has a setting that will mute all sounds except incoming calls. That's the one I use. It is set to automatically turn itself off when I unplug the charger and all my emails, texts, notifications are there. It's an option.
    Thank you. Buying and downloading app now.
  7. Droid
    lowcel's Avatar
    Member #
    227803
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    53
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #6
    After a good night sleep I would have to say that Bedside was definitely worth the $1.99 I paid for it. Thanks again for the suggestion BayouFlyFisher.
  8. Droid Sensei
    BayouFlyFisher's Avatar
    Member #
    14195
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    4,969
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
    After a good night sleep I would have to say that Bedside was definitely worth the $1.99 I paid for it. Thanks again for the suggestion BayouFlyFisher.
    Glad it worked out for you.
    Baton Rouge, LA

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. AOL...problem getting e-mails
    By crtfour in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 06:39 PM
  2. Where are my sent e-mails?
    By Sunshine111 in forum Motorola Droid Pro
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 01:16 PM
  3. Where are my e-mails?
    By R23PO in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 11:24 AM
  4. Sent E-Mails looking like heiroglyphics ?
    By SidFar in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 11:21 PM
  5. Deleting e-mails
    By jgreg in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 10:43 AM

Search tags for this page

android bionic automatic push
,
aol data push droid 4
,
data push and fetch schedule
,
data push is turned on for no accounts
,
data push is turned on for: no accounts
,
does aol use data when pushing email on droid
,

droid bionic data push

,
droid fetch schedule no accounts
,
enable push in droid x2
,
enable push on droid pro
,

fetch schedule no accounts

,
how do i change from fetch to puch on my droid
,
how to uncheck data push droid razr
,
sales psuhing e-mails
,
why data push say no account
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+