DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Transfering apps from one SD Card to another

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic

Transfering apps from one SD Card to another

I just bought the Bionic and upgrading from the Oirginal Droid. How do I transfer all my apps and data from the SD card to the new card in the Bionic? Do I need to download every single app? Example Using Android Time Card and need the data attached to it. If I just download the app again, I won't have the data. Please help? Thank you very much.

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyved View Post
    I just bought the Bionic and upgrading from the Oirginal Droid. How do I transfer all my apps and data from the SD card to the new card in the Bionic? Do I need to download every single app? Example Using Android Time Card and need the data attached to it. If I just download the app again, I won't have the data. Please help? Thank you very much.
    Has anyone responded to this yet? I am in the same boat. Just bought the bionic after much reading on this forum RE: Bionic vs Razor. But just realized I have purchase apps that I want. Any way to transfer.
    Can you do "bumps" like you use to be able to do with the older HP calculators. I too went from the original droid to the Bionic. Help Please!
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    You can use a root app like MyBackUp Pro to back up your apps and their associated data. Then transfer the backup file to your pc and then back to your new phones sd card. There is also an option to upload to their servers but I have never tried that route.

Tap'd from my Bionic
  5. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive22 View Post
    Just bought the bionic after much reading on this forum RE: Bionic vs Razor. But just realized I have purchase apps that I want. Any way to transfer. I too went from the original droid to the Bionic. Help Please!
    If you bought an app, when you go to the App Market on your phone; looking at "My Apps" you should see a list of "Uninstalled Apps." Touch any of those to install in your new phone. Once you bought it, it's yours.

To the OP, you can also just pull the sd card out of the OG Droid and put it in the Bionic. Be sure to unmount the card before removing. What I did was move the stuff on the card to my PC and move them to the new card.

Although I don't have Time Card, I do have aCar which had a years worth of data that I wanted to keep. It had an export option for data; maybe Time Card does too.
    Last edited by aaf709; 12-06-2011 at 05:16 PM.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Thank you all for the replies. I did finally figure that as I downloaded apps I had previously or had paid for that I did NOT have to pay again and it picked up right where I left off. As for data, I will try the sd card. Thank you!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    im using the pc method right now just formatted new sd card with ext 2,3,4 partitions, but minitool didint give me the option to add swap anyone have insight? OG droid

Links